Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baby book










This project was chosen for the Cricut chirp newsletter almost a year ago, but I wanted to put it on my blog too. Cricut Cartridges used: New arrival, Walk in My Garden, Home Accents, StoryBook, Paper Doll Dressup, Design Studio
Instructions: Cut chipboard pieces and cover with patterned paper. Be sure to do any sewing and adhere brads and ribbon before adhering paper to the chipboard. The overall book size is 8x8 inches. I used lots of cartridges and can't remember what size I cut each piece at. The word 'miracle' is a rub-on on a transparency so it looks like it is floating on top of the page. :-) I also used a transparency as the front and back covers to protect the photos. I used my zutter bind-it-all to bind the book.
(Hint: I like to keep cereal boxes to cut up and use as chipboard. My cricut can cut this with the regular blade and, once it is covered with beautiful paper and die-cuts, the page weight is just right.)

11 comments:

  1. Kimberly, this is a beautiful book. I love all the detail and the different size/shape pages. Now I will definitely have to get the Bind it All, so that I can try one of these books. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You did it again Kimberly. Absolutely beautiful. Again, I love the simple look so much. Just done so very tastefully. I keep looking at that BIA and still not sure on getting it, but the more projects I see with it, I am beginning to think I need this. TFS and look forward to many more of your beautiful layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I may have to scrap lift this idea,(if you don't mind. My cuz is having a baby boy in Mar & this would be a great gift. I like how you incorporated the tags as pages... beautifully done! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi - i followed you over from the Cricut MB. I love your baby book! I'm trying to work on a book for our bestest friends, But the they don't (and will not) know the sex until baby is born. I had hit a creative wall. Its hard to keep things neutral~ Your book gave me some ideas and hope! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby book is so beautiful!! If only I had a baby in the family. I just might have to make one just to keep for a future baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I love how you combined different shapes to make your book. Lots of great ideas for me to lift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love the directions if you are willing to share. Couldn't find it on Cricut newsletter.
    Beautiful Work!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the first projects I took pictures of to share with everyone. I have gotten much better at documenting instructions. :-) These are the only instructions I have for this book, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is awesome!! I wish I had it for my 4 when they were babies.
    -Paper Panther

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips