Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dimensional flower

Step 1: Using the Walk in my Garden cartridge, cut the daisy out at a variety of sizes. You will need two of each size. My cuts were all between 3" and 1/2"

I used walnut distress ink and swirly stamps to add pattern to my flowers. You could also use patterned paper.

Step 2: Stamp each flower.

Step 3: Ink the edges of each flower with walnut ink.


Step 4: Ink entire flower with antique linen. This ink is not waterproof, so this step just blends into the walnut ink and gives it a softer look.

Step 5: Curl each petal around a needle or piercing tool.


Step 6: Bend the ends of the petals around a pencil or handle of the piercing tool. This gives it a little extra dimension.


This is how your flowers should look now. The circle is for the center. I used a circle punch and followed the above steps.


Step 7: Layer your flowers together as shown in the picture.


Step 8: Adhere center to flower.


Your all done! Now use them to embellish a card or scrapbook page.

If this was helpful to you or if you have ideas for other techniques you would like to see, leave a comment!

6 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! Im going to try these this weekend, I hope! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers! Will have to try to make some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the flower tips you are sharing. Your layouts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these flowers! So glad you posted how you made them -- I can't wait to try it!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all the tips on flowers. love to get different ideas.that type stamp kinda worked out to be the perfect one..love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soo loving your blog! Just found it through MPS and I'm soo happy! Congrats on the design team and thank you for all of your helpful tutorials!
    Sara Kate
    sarakscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips