Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Assembling T-Rex from Dinosaur Tracks


This is one of my favorite cuts on the Dinosaur Tracks Cricut cartridge! Here are the supplies I used: (I forgot to add the embossing folder to the picture - oops!)


I thought it would be fun if the teeth looked glossy and dimensional, so I used the glossy accents on this. I only put a thin layer on.


Here are the finished teeth and the tongue, ready to layer on the dinosaur base. When you 'gloss' your dinosaur teeth, you might want to go a little higher on the top than I did.


The dinosaur was to big to fit in the cuttlebug folder all at once, so I sent it through twice.


Don't worry if it doesn't line up exactly, it will still look good. You may want to experiement!


I ran the green top layer and the bottom brown layer through the cuttlebug folder. Now we are ready to put it all together!


Step 1: Glue the tongue onto the base of the dinosaur.


Glue the teeth onto the base of the dinosaur.


Step 3: Glue the green top onto the base. This sandwiches the teeth and tongue between the two larger diecuts.

The T-Rex looks even better inked! See a sample on the dinosaur Happy Birthday card.

2 comments:

  1. What a creative project-- love the way you lined up the tongue
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how cute the dinosaur is you are teriffic keep it coming HA HA HA!
    marlene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips