Thursday, February 11, 2010

Faux Buttons (Paper)


These buttons are actually made out of paper! Making your own buttons makes it easy to match your project. Some of the 'buttons' are made out of patterned paper.

Here is a side view:


I used my gypsy to cut the large buttons and punches to cut the smaller buttons.

If you use circle punches, you will need two sizes. Punch the smaller circle first.


Turn your larger punch upside down so you can see to center it around the smaller circle you already punched out.



Here is a screen shot of the buttons I created using my gypsy. I just used circles. Super easy!! (I love how easy it is to group, resize and copy with the gypsy.)


So, here you have your pieces ready to be assembled:


Step 1: Glue the 2 solid circles together.


Step 2: Glue all of the rings on top.



Step 3: Use a paper piercer to poke 2 holes in the center. (If you used the gypsy, skip this step)


It's starting to look like a button!


Step 4: Cover with dimensional glaze.


Hint: Use the paper piercer to poke through the holes again when it is dried. It is easier to do this when it feels dry, hasn't cured all of the way.


7 comments:

  1. Omg! Such a great idea! I love using buttons but usually can't find the perfect color..so this will help a lot! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You fooled me on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever. Thank you for the idea. I will use this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try these. Great idea, I love the patterned ones too.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. CLEVER, CLEVER, CLEVER!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful idea! they look so real. goin to my machine right now to try them.
    Norma mainelytwigs@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips