Friday, March 12, 2010

Sweet Treats basket

 

  
On this project, I used the Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge, Coredinations Cardstock, Glue Glider Pro, Diamond Glaze,  Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder, glitter, crepe paper, decorative edge scissors,  and two white brads.

  

I cut the party favor box (p. 50) from the Sweet Treats cartridge at 3".  I also cut 2 flowers and 2 flower centers.  I only ended up using one of the small circle centers.




I like to use my ruler and an embossing tool to score the lines.

 


I only wanted the flower on one side of my basket, so I cut the flower off on the back side.




I put this in my Cuttlebug Folder to emboss, doing one half at a time.  The second half didn't fit, so I tucked the tab underneath before running it through the embossing machine.  



The fun thing about the Coredinations Cardstock is sanding everything and watching the color come through.  I used sandpaper, but wished very much that I had a Sanding Block!

  

I crumpled both flowers and sanded them as well.



 I layered both flowers and both centers and then punched a circle for the very top.


Next, I used a sponge to wipe Diamond Glaze all over the flower.

 

Now may favorite part, the glitter!  Diamond Glaze works great with glitter!



I thought it would be fun to add a frilly border to the top of my basket, so I cut about 24" of crepe paper (the kind you use to decorate for birthday parties) in half with decorative edge scissors.





I ran a line of liquid glue down the top edge of my basket and started gathering the crepe paper as I laid it down in the glue.




Then I cut a 1/2" by 12" strip of Coredinations Cardstock with decorative edge scissors and sanded it to match the basket.  I glued it on top of the crepe paper, matching it up with the top edge of the basket.



I wanted to dress it up a little more (and make it secure), so I sewed a zig-zag stitch with my sewing machine all along the edge. 



To assemble the basket, fold the top flap down first, then tuck the side flaps into the top.


Last, tuck in the bottom flap.  If you are putting anything heavy in the basket, you can secure it with a piece of scotch tape.


This is what it should look like before you adhere the flower:


 I also added an 11" by 1/2" strip of white cardstock for the handle and attached it with white brads.


It was so fun to share my pojects with everyone on the Hallmark Ladybugs blog!  Thanks again Jody for giving me the opportunity to be a Guest Designer!

4 comments:

  1. This box is so cute!!! Love the crepe paper ~ it really makes the project extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - I just got this cartridge for Christmas -- Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously I need to bring my sewing machine down here in this room!! Super cute box Kimberly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips