Tuesday, March 9, 2010

T-Rex Birthday card

Thought I would try the card function on the Dinosaur Tracks Cartridge for this card.  I wanted the layers on top so I had to experiment a bit with the sizes:



I cut the T-Rex card (p. 24) at 4" from Dark Brown cardstock. (Hint:  I used the multi-cut function throughout because the teeth are hard to cut without ripping the  cardstock.) I ran the card layer (tan) through my cuttlebug and then inked it with Ranger walnut ink.  For the top layers of the dinosaur I had to cut everything at 5 1/2" to fit the card front.  The actual dinosaur body (green layer) I had to trim it to fit, since I only wanted the top part.  Clear as mud?!?!  :-)

These are what the cuts looked like before I put the card together:


For the teeth, I added Ranger glossy accents to make them shiny and dimensional.  There is a tutorial for assembling the T-Rex under the tutorial tab at the top of my blog.  Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips