Saturday, May 22, 2010

'Thank You' - CAC and JBC cartridges

I couldn't decide which sheep I liked better on this 'Thank Ewe' card.  I love both of these cartridges!  (Create a Critter and Just Because Cards) The JBC sheep is first and the CAC sheep is the last picture.

This sheep is from the Just Because Cards cartridge (p. 35) cut at 5".  The Thank You (JBC - p. 35) was cut at 3.5".  The barn was cut from Create a Critter (p. 71) at 2 3/4".  I cut the barn out twice, once in white and once in red and then cut the top layer once from red.  I hand cut the white trim from the barn and adhered it to the red.






Here is the sheep from CAC on the same card:


I used my cuttlebug to emboss the barn, then sanded (white core cardstock) and inked lightly with Distress ink (Walnut).  The grass was cut from PDDU on my Gypsy.  I also used dimensional tape for the layers of grass, the barn and on the sheep and sentiment. 

7 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I love the distressing you did on the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovelye card! I understand having a hard choice, we have so many wonderful cartridges to choose from. This is really nice! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sanding on the barn!

    http://cyndepeterson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i like the sheep on the second card better...it's so freakin cute!!! I love CAC!!! It's one of my favorite carts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sheep are cute! I really like how you sanded the barn. Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are adorable! I just found your blog and I am now a follower! I'd love for you to visit my blog if you have a chance - http://scrappymel.blogspot.com

    PS - I have just launched a new stamp set make to go with CAC, you can see some sample cards on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips