Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tips for making detailed cuts with your Cricut:

Sometimes it is frustrating to cut out detailed or intricate cuts (words, flourishes, etc.) really small.  Here are some helpful tips:

1.  Use the multi-cut feature - Using the multi-cut has never failed me yet!  :-)

2.  Try changing your blade - As soon as the detailed cuts start ripping or not cutting all of the way through, I know I need a new blade!

3.  Use quality paper - White or black cardstock from Walmart is fine for large cuts, but does not do so well on flourishes and small words.  I was using it for Dinosaur teeth and had tried all of the other tips on this post.  Finally I got out my Provo Craft white cardstock and it cut like a dream!

4.  Use the correct settings - Thick cardstock like Bazzill can be hard to cut intricate cuts on.  I recommend downloading a chart from Joy at obsessedwithscrapbooking.com. (Cutting Guide under the 'Cricut Basics' tab at the top of the website).    It has all of the recommended settings for vinyl, thick cardstock, regular cardstock, etc.  I keep mine right by my machine.  I think Joy's is taped to the inside of her cricut lid. She also has a video '7 tips for great cuts'.

Hope this is helpful!

9 comments:

  1. Great tips!! Your right... some of the cuts can be frustrating! Once I figured out to use the multi-cut, things got easier!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I always cringe when I need to cut detailed images.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tips, I found out the hard way I left my blade in way to long.... what a difference a new blade makes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. This will really make me a much happier cricuter. Sometimes my "chrup" isn't so nice when my Cricut doesn't cut the way I think it should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips. I have become a follower. Thanks for sharing your wonderful Talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips! I am going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
    do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
    Fashion watches
    Discount watches
    Antique pocket watches
    Engraved pocket watches
    pocket watch

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips