Friday, July 9, 2010

Mini Monsters card! Fun & Easy Glitter, Glossy Accents, and Embossing Techniques

Hi everyone!  I just got this new cartridge and wanted to make something fun, but not Halloween, since it is July!  I am really loving the Mini Monsters Cartridge!  I used my gypsy, lots of glitter (I even mixed two colors to get a new color - see my video), Glossy accents, Cuttlebug and Heat Embossing.  I really had fun making this new card and exploring some new techniques!




Here are two videos showing the fun glitter techniques I used and the Glossy accents and embossing.  Hope you enjoy them!!

Part 1: Mini Monsters Card - GLossy Accents and Clear Embossing Powder



Part 2: Mini Monsters Card



Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Kimberly this card is adorable!!! I just love all the glitter and shine! I am so excited as last night I just got this cart. Now I can't wait to give it a try. I home my turns out even half as good as yours!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this awesome tutorial! I just love the glitter and glossy accents together. The card is so cute and I love the font that you chose. Love it all!!

    ~Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this over at Sassy's blog ~ love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. I left a comment at Sassy's blog. Your videos are fantastic. You are easy to listen to and understand. What brand of glitter do you use?

    Thanks,
    Candie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tutorial! What a great card too! I'm guessing that's Doodlebug glitter? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that is doodlebug glitter. They have the best bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. Thank you for sharing some great tips, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS FOR THE NEW IDEAS! I'M EXCITED TO TRY THEM. YOUR CARD IS DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips. I love using my Xyron to add glitter to stuff, but hadn't thought of putting the glossy accents on top. AWESOME! I'm so excited to try this. Super cute card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable!! So much fun!! Boy you used a lot of techniques on this one!! Thanks for all the tips you shared... they are sooo helpful!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job!!! this card is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is TOOOO CUTE!!! I love the glossy effect! I am now going to buy one of my very own ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips