Friday, September 17, 2010

Peachy Keen Friday Challenge - Halloween Treat box

Hey everyone!  I just bought a bunch of Peachy Keen face stamps and I am having a blast!   They are sooooo cute!  So, I thought I would join in the face challenge at Peachy Keen today. I used the Monster Mash face assortment, My Pink Stamper Stamps (Spooky Puns), and the Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge.  The monster is cut at 3.5 inches.


Here is a close up:


Here is a video showing how I did the face on the monster!



Supplies I used:


Here is a photo tutorial showing how I made this box/basket:

Cut a 6x6 piece of cardstock and score at 2 inches and at 4 inches.  Turn and score at 2 and 4 inches again.


Cut as shown in picture below:

fold on score lines:


Fold center up and bring both sides up to meet in a point:



Cut a 1/2 " by 10" strip of cardstock for handle.  Staple or attach with a brad:


For the hot pink ruffled edge, cute crepe paper (the kind you use to decorate for a party) in half lengthwise with decorative edge scissors.  Then I ran a strip of glue with my glue runner all along the inside top edge and then gathered the crepe paper as I went, fastening it to the glue strip.



Need some Glossy accents?




 $6.50 each (includes shipping*)




*Email me for shipping outside the continental U.S.






Have a great weekend!!

23 comments:

  1. Kim this is super cute I just found your blog I am really liking it I am now a follower with you, please stop by my blog and hopefully you will like and follow me now too @http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim I love your stuff!!! You are very talented and I am grateful you share with us. What a good missionary you are also! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may just be the cutest monster ever!! how adorable!! Love that face!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute project! Thanks for the tutorial on the basket. I may use it in the future.

    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute. Love the little monster and looks like it would be so easy to make! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing as always!!! I'm so glad you bought some Peachy Keen stamps. They are the best aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute basket, love the peachy keen faces they really add detail.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! This is super super super cute!! I absolutely LOVE it!! I'm soo glad you could play along with us! I always love seeing what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! This is so so cute!! The little monster on the side of your treat bag is adorable! I love how the glossy accents just make the eyes and mouth pop!!! I'm going to get some for sure! Good Luck with the PKS Faces challenge and thanks for creating with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This halloween treat box is adorable and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! I love PK faces. I do have the monsters or that Cricut Cartridge. It looks like a lot of fun.
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my candy corn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tip using the glossy accents on the faces. I will be doing this on my next project. TFS
    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute! I just love the Monster Mash faces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! I love the colors that you used. And that face is just too cute.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute little guy, thanks for sharing the directions!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kimberly,

    I've noticed your crepe paper on one of your cute layouts, too...I love it!!! :) (Do you buy it at a party supply store/maybe the party aisle at Walmart or do the craft stores carry it?) Great idea!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips