Saturday, November 13, 2010

Glittery Snowman card! - Peachy Keen challenge

The challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps was to use white as the main color, polka dots and one of their face stamps (which I love!).  My background white square is embossed with a polka dot embossing folder.  Can't tell from the picture very well.  :-)


I stamped the face on this cute snowman using the Peachy Keen Everyday Faces set.  I wanted my snowman to glitter like snow does on a cold sunny day.  I experimented with lots of different things (tossed them all in the garbage) and finally decided to use spray adhesive and glitter.  The face kind of faded into the background with the glitter on top, so I added Glossy Accents over the eyes, nose, and mouth.


I made the snowman from ovals cut from the George cartridge and stretched on my gypsy.  The hat came from Winter Woodland.


The stamped sentiment came from My Pink Stamper.


I used Stormy Day Crinkle Ribbon.  I sprayed the ribbon with adhesive and added a touch of glitter to soften it up!


Have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

  1. The effect looks great with the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, this is beautiful! I love the glitter and the glossy accents on the face. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ~Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, sparkly snowman! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us on the LFIF challenge.

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable!!! And I love all the glitter on the snowman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glitter on the snowman and the glossy accents on the cuties face is awesome. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! I love all the glitter!!! Yet another one of your AMAZING creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeek!!! This is sooooo cute!! I'm loving the glimmerery snowman..I'm really into glitter these days too! :) 2 thumbs up girly! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly, Your card is so adorable and glittery! I love it! It does look like snow on a sunny, cold winter day! Im so glad you created with us at the PKS Faces challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! I love all the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome idea to add the glitter, it really adds something special to an already pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips