Monday, November 8, 2010

Jesus is the reason for the season card - Peachy Keen Stamp challenge #40

Thought I would make a card for the Peachy Keen challenge.  This one is a sketch, which are always a little harder for me.  (I guess that is why they call it a challenge!!!)  So, here is the sketch:


This is the card I came up with:


The  Baby Jesus and manger are cut from the Paper Doll Dess Ups Cartridge and the Star is from the George cartridge. The stamped sentiment comes from My Pink Stamper.


I used Cranberry and Vanilla Bean Crinkle Ribbon for the candy cane border.  I punched tiny holes along the bottom of the card and then threaded the ribbon through the holes.  I started with Cranberry, then threaded Vanilla Bean through the next hole, Cranberry in the next hole, etc. until I got to the end of the row.  Then I taped a second piece of Cranberry ribbon on the back of the cardstock piece so I could tie the bow.  Clear as mud?  :-)


The face stamp is from Peachy Keen.  I used an older set (Funshine faces) for the eyes and nose and Everyday character faces for the itty bitty mouth. 


May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness walk through your door! - Irish blessing  :-)

14 comments:

  1. Awwww this is adorable!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo sweet! I love the border of ribbon!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and the candy cane ribbon border is GENIOUS! I love Christmas cards like this. It will be well loved. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I love this! You always do such wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute card, i love ribbon on the bottom of the card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this card! It is so pretty and classy. Love the ribbon at the bottom as well.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet this is! I love cards that remind us the true meaning of Christmas. this is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ PKS!! :) ~ Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, and the true meaning to Christmas.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww.... such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing it with us at PKS! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kimberly,

    You are so clever & creative!!! :) I love the way you alternated the ribbon colors (& it's something different, rather than just a strip of ribbon)!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips