Monday, December 27, 2010

Favorites from 2010 - January

I have been blogging for almost a year now and thought it would be fun to go back and look at favorite projects in 2010!  So . . . let's start with January:

Dimensional Flowers Scrapbook page:

I used the Walk in my Garden, Home Decor and Home Accents cartridges on this page.

Click here for a picture tutorial showing  how to make these flower!

Bicycle Built For Two:  


I was thinking of my grandparents when I made this card. All have passed away now, my Grandpa just two months ago, so I am so glad I was able to send him this card while he was still with us.  My Grandpa used to sing this song:

Daisy, Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet upon the seat
Of a bicycle made for two.

Cricut cartridges used: Sweethearts, paper doll dress ups and gypsy wanderings.

Dimensional Glaze tutorial:

Step 1: Cut the cherry out twice at 3" (fits the 3" cupcake) from red and brown cardstock. This cut is on the cricut Home Decor cartridge.


Step 2: Cut the stem off the red cherry.


Step 3: Put the red cherry through your xyron sticker machine UPSIDE DOWN so that the adhesive is on the top.


Step 4: Cover with red glitter.


Step 5: Apply dimensional glaze around outside edges of cherry.


Step 6: Fill in the center with dimensional glaze.


Step 7: Let dry, then layer on top of brown cherry die cut.

Looks good enough to eat! (well, almost)

3 comments:

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips