Thursday, January 6, 2011

A snowflake is like a butterfly from above.

This cute snowman and blue background shape come from the Winter Frolic cartridge! 


I stamped the face using Peachy Keen Everyday Character faces, used a white gel pen and pink chalk for the cheeks, and glossy accents to add some dimension and shine.


I used Stormy Day Crinkle Ribbon for the scarf.



The stamped sentiment is from The Pink Stamper


I cut the snowflakes from Home Accents (1.10 x 1.22), Christmas (3.36 x 2.82), and Winter Woodland (1.53 x 1.80).  Then I covered the snowflakes with glossy accents (a bit time consuming for the big snowflake - but the effect was worth it!)


I cut the snowman at 3 inches from the Winter Frolic cartridge. As I am looking at this card, I think maybe (if I were to make this card again) I would cut the snowman at 4 inches to make him a bit bigger, or perhaps attach him a little lower in the left corner.  What do you think?


Come back on Monday for a vintage valentine card with 2 new videos!  
Have a great day!!

18 comments:

  1. HE is so cute! I love the little face :0). Have a blessed day!
    Hugs, Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous! The ribbon makes it sooo special! Great job! Will you come follow my blog? As usual you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great just the way it is......sooooo cute, TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute card! May have to try to lift this one. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,

    It's strange, but I haven't received an email yet alerting me to the fact that you posted; hopefully, I registered right! Glad I checked back anyway...

    ...because your card is adorable!!! I think the snowman would also look cute a little bigger, but I also love your card just the way it is!!! :) Sometimes, I tend to layer & cover so much of the card, it's nice to have more of the pretty designer paper show.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your snowman is just to cute!! And yes the glossey effect on your snowflake looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is just SNOW cute! Love all the little details you used to make this card special. We are having a snowflake challenge at our blog, we'd love if you linked up for a chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy that so many of you have subscribed to my blog via email!

    It seems that the emails don't get sent out immediately, sometimes even a day later, but still fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling snowman!! I don't have any of that crinkle ribbon and you make me want to buy some! Such a precious card. Thanks for playing @The Paper Variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that snowman!! How cute is he??? Thanks for sharing with us at TPV!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your snowman! He is just too sweet! Great detail work and that ribbon scarf is to die for! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is just so adorable! Love it. Sorry I am a little behind this week we have been swamped at work. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card - such a precious snowman! And I love the dimension! Thanks for joining our challenge at TPV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card! love how cute that snowman expression! Thanks for joining at TPV challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!! love the snowman!! Thanks for joining at TPV Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the glossy snowflakes and that sentiment is just perfect :). Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips