Monday, January 10, 2011

Vintage Valentine - Make your own Paper Lace Die-Cut!

Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge # 43
 
I saw a picture of a Paper lace page background in a scrapbook magazine and thought it would be fun to try on a smaller scale! (Heart Shape)


I used the Heritage and Sweethearts Cartridges, but any cartridge with a heart and any lacy background (lacy labels) would work great! I also used Glossy Accents to give the heart and sentiments a little shiny dimension.

 

I used Vanilla Bean Crinkle Ribbon for this card.  Scroll down for a video showing how I made the ribbon border!



Scroll down to watch a video showing how I made this heart with my Gypsy (super easy)!



The first video shows how I used my gypsy to create this layered heart:



The second video shows how I made the ribbon border:



Measurements for the heart: (These will make more sense after watching the video)

Background frame (Heritage) rotated - 3.20 x 2.68
Heart scalloped shadow (Sweethearts) - 2.81 x 2.68
Heart (Sweethearts) - 3.87 x 2.68
Heart Frame (Sweethearts) - Outer heart:  3.87 x 2.68
                                             Inner heart:  3.50 x 2.39

Be sure to subscribe to my blog via email - at the top right of my blog - updates of new posts will be emailed to you!!

Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

  1. this card is simply elegant - love the colors, lace - everything - what a great job!! You are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful card I've ever seen! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty & I enjoyed the video on the ribbon embellishment. I haven't had much luck with ribbon so far, but I'm beginning to realize that the kind of ribbon you use can make a big difference. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so lovely! I have got to order some of that ribbon. Seeing your projects with the ribbon are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for the video too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the detail you put into your cards/projects.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kimberly! That lacy heart looks fab! Love all the layers and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! What an amazing card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for the videos too. I watched them both and learned so much! I've never seen square daubers before - but they look great for larger papers (and I like your corner idea for the more delicate pieces). I'll have to keep my eye out for them.
    I just became a follower. I look forward to learning more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a classy take on the sketch Kimberly!!
    It's just beautiful. LOVE the colours and the gloss on the scroll work! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous card. I love how you did the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so cute! I love your take on the challenge, you did such a wonderful job! Good luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!!!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for showing how you did the ribbon and bow! Good luck with the PK challenge, and thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my!!!! This card is amazing! Wow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning!
    i love the lacy heart! Great job Kimberly! Love your videos! I've been following your videos for quite a while! I'd love to have you as one of my followers, your input would mean so much! You are so talented and I've learned so much from you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips