Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2 new cards using Bakers Twine!

It's your bird-day! 

This card was published in the September 2011 Cricut Magazine!  (p. 111)

For the first card I used Cherry Red Bakers Twine.  

I wrapped the bakers twine around the card center 2 times and then tied the bow around both pieces.  Isn't it bright and cheerful? The papers I used were all Crate paper. The stamped sentiment is from My Pink Stamper.


The card base was cut on my Gypsy at 9.22 W x 4.49 H from the Birthday Bash cartridge.  I LOVE this cartridge!  It has so many fun cuts on it!


The adorable bird is also from the Birthday Bash cartridge.  I cut the bird and all of its accessories at 3 inches.


Just Because Card
 I used Vintage Chocolate Bakers Twine on this fun card.


The overall card measurements are 5 1/2 x 5 1/2, all of the paper is from Crate Paper, and the stamped sentiment is from My Pink Stamper.


I love the brown tones in this Bakers Twine!!  It matches this card perfectly!


The laundry wash board and bucket came from the Country Life cartridge (cut at 3 inches) and then I added some white gel pen doodling to the bubbles.  I also inked everything with Ranger Tea Dye distress ink.  I put the eyelets on and strung the bakers twine through the top piece of patterned cardstock before I adhered it to my card base.  That way the inside of the card is 'clean'.


I made this ruffle with Pine Cone Crinkle Ribbon.  I first cut a strip of cardstock 5 1/2 x 1/4 inches.  Then used my ATG gun to lay down a strip of adhesive covering the whole strip of cardstock. Next, I just pushed the ribbon into the adhesive as I 'gathered' it.  Super easy, no sewing involved! I tucked the ends under on each side.  The ribbon is wider than the cardstock strip, so it hangs over the edge and looks like it has been gathered. The ribbon you choose makes a big difference with this technique!  Crinkle ribbon is thin and easy to work with!

Have a wonderful day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh how cute are these cards? LOVE LOVE LOVE the little bird. Just adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,

    Your cards are amazing!!! :) I love how different their styles are! The bird is so cute and cheerful and I love the vintage look of the laundry card! I really like your vintage twine (I haven't seen that before!). And of course, I'm still drooling over your crinkle ribbon-love the way you gathered it!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I loved the gathered crinkle ribbon on the vitage card. The twine looks wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute Kim! But I love love love the laundry card! I may have to 'lift your idea sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cards!! Love this baker's twine!! I've never seen this before but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kim, I just found your blog and wanted to let you know "I love your blog"!!! You are so talented! I find your tutorials so helpful. Thank you so much for sharing your creative inspirations on your blog. I plan on visiting regularly. :) I have been making cards for almost 19 years, and finally just bought a cricut and a gypsy. Learning new things can be difficult, so finding someone who has tutorials on how to use the gypsy and cricut is SO WONDERFUL. Thank you again!! And thank you for inspiring me to create more with my new tools. :)
    Tammie Koehnen
    Southern Minnesota

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips