Sunday, February 27, 2011

Prima Flowers on your Gypsy & FCCB spotlight!

Hi everyone!  Today my little blog is being spotlighted over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!  Head on over to see the fabulous projects their great design team came up with using My Craft Spot Crinkle Ribbon! :)

I also have a fun video for you today!  I bought a package of the tiny Prima flowers and just couldn't resist pulling one apart to see how it was made.  So . . . here is a video showing how you can make these yourself using your Gypsy, the Mother's Day Bouquet and George cartridges:



Here are some pictures of my finished flowers (I went a little picture crazy!):




Here is a picture of the flower I made (Yellow) and the Prima Flower (White):


These are the flowers I was working on in the video:


I think the thinner the card stock, the better this works!  I used Bazzill on the yellow flower, Provo Craft on the pink and a thin linen type card stock on the white flower.  Let me know if any of you come up with the 'perfect' paper for making these little flowers!









These are the supplies I used:  Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge, Gypsy, Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Dry Emboss Tool, Paper Piercer and an upside down mouse pad for embossing the flowers.


Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing!!
    Hugs,M

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! Yours look just as pretty, if not prettier than the Primas! Thanks for the tutorial!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tutorial. The flowers that you made are beautiful.
    Nikki
    www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just beautiful, thanks for the tutorial :)

    HUGS!
    Alex
    http://www.youhadmeatcraft.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers, Kimberly! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job!!! Really gorgeous flowers!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, thanks taking the time to learn and sharing with us. Personally could not tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, they look exactly like the prima flowers. One thing though, at times it's very difficult to hear you speaking on the video. Just an fyi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to try it right now! I can do these while watching TV! As my 18 yr old daughter would say 'kewl'!!!

    Thanks!

    Hugs--Storylady

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore you! Your videos are amazing! You have saved me sooooo much money! Keep 'em coming!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazing, thanks for sharing how you made them.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a fabulous tutorial! I am definitely going to try that. Thanks so much!

    Cheryl
    www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the tutorial! I will be making these. I just signed up to be a follower via email.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooooh, beautiful! I'm glad I just found you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful. I find making these little 'fussy' things is very relaxing! Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips