Monday, March 28, 2011

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #1 and Winner!

It's Monday and time for the first ever 

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge!


Every Monday I will put together a project with a challenge. Play along to win some fun products from My Craft Spot and other goodies!  Yay!

Today's Challenge:  Tie a Bow!
Make a card, scrapbook layout, or any other crafty project that pops into your head, with a tied bow somewhere on your project. You can use ribbon or twine or anything else that you can tie a bow with.

Here is my project:


Sneak Peek:  The stamped sentiment comes from one of the new stamp sets coming to My Craft Spot!!

(Scroll down for more pictures and instructions for making this project)

 A couple of more cards for inspiration:




This is what you could win - Springtime Crinkle Ribbon!
Winner (picked randomly) will be announced next Monday with the new Monday challenge. 


I can't wait to be inspired by all of your projects! 



We have a Winner for last Monday's Giveaway!!


Random.org # 68

Amanda said...
I now subscribe via email...and I became a follower!


Congratulations Amanda! 

More pictures and instructions for my project:  
Sorry the colors are so washed out! I am missing the sunshine this week!! 


I Cut the base from the Just Because Cards cartridge at 4.12w x 5.91 h (This cut is Shift/Lock row 3 number 2) - I love this cut - so pretty! I think I will have to find some more ways to use this.



I cut a rectangle from blue patterned paper 3 x 4 4/8 inches, adhered it to the base, and tied a bow looping the ribbon (Aqua mist) through as shown in the picture below. 




The butterfly was cut from the Home Decor cartridge at 4.03w by 2.62h.  I used Pop it squares on the butterfly to hold on the antenae (Spring Green Bakers Twine - knotted) and on the sentiment to give them dimension.




I cut a 6.18w by 4.42h rectangle using the George cartridge and folded it in half for the actual card.




Then I adhered the card as shown in the picture:




Supplies I used:
Bakers Twine - Spring Green
Crinkle Ribbon - Aqua mist
Shadow Ink - Stone (Hero Arts)




The Stamped sentiment comes from one of my new stamp sets coming out in a week or two!!



This picture (below) is the closest to the real colors of this card.  It has been cloudy all week!



Have a great day!!!

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'll be back!

    I need some of that ribbon!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards Kimberly! I will be happy to play along! I'm always up for a good challenge and I love your beautiful ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card I just love it and so simple!
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I can't wait to play along. Thanks so much for the inspiration and awesome products. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all of the twine! I am going to be in twine heaven!

    I love the ribbon on your butterfly card--it is so pretty! Great job!

    Amanda (als1048@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!!! Love the butterfly one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all 3 cards, but the "whenever I think you" one is gorgeous -- my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card--I love the Just Because cart and have used it for several projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card Kimberly! That butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I love this cut too. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back with my card! Can't wait til my new ribbon arrives to create with! Thanks Kimberly!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! What a great challenge, Thank you!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kimberly, Thanks for stopping by my blog and telling me about you challenge.. I am you newest follower and I just love your stunning card..

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful. I especially like the Whenever I Think of You card. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do really nice work. All of your cards are great. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by and telling me about your challenge!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I LOVE YOUR BOW and I think I need some of that awesome ribbon! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I look forward to your next challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loverly inspiration Kim... Thanks for the invitation to check your challenge..

    Ivette..

    Love your ribbons ,,, crossing my fingers..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is lovely! I love the soft and delicate look of it. And what a wonderful sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty! I really like that ribbon!!! Thank you for playing along with us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so excited that you're going to be hosting challenges!! I've been eyeing your gorgeous ribbon from sometime and just placed my first order for some yesterday! Can't wait till it gets here and I can try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kimberly,

    Gorgeous cards!!! :) I am so excited about your stamps!!!!!!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for stopping and my blog and suggesting I enter! I am actually entering two cards for now and maybe a few more before the deadline. I hope that's ok! A lot of card I make have bows, so I might as well give it a shot! Thanks so much. :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card ! I love the elegant butterfly! Happy Spring and thanks for joining us at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. BEAUTIFUL card!!! Thanks for the heads up on your challenge!!! I entered my card =) I am loving this crinkle ribbon!!! I didnt know you were doing challenges....I am soooo behind on all my bloggy friends!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very Pretty- I have a buggie challenge going on at
    http://bugbites411.blogspot.com/

    you should link this card.

    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the challenge! I cant wait to see what you ahve next. And this ribbon is beautiful!!!
    Jess M :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What pretty cards! That crinkle ribbon is fabulous!! Thanks for the challenge...I just linked up my card. :-)

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What beautiful cards!!! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB!

    Lisa N.
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips