Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New House card

 
Good morning my crafty friends!

Click HERE for the Monday Challenge and Prize!

Today it is design team day over at the Celebrate the Occasion Challenge blog! The challenge is to make a card for a someone moving into a new house.   Head on over to join in the fun!  A winner will be selected and entered into CTO's monthly drawing.

Here is my take on the challenge:


This was such an easy card to make! It was cut from the Wild Cards cartridge at 5.09w by 5.16h with all of its layers. 


The stamped sentiment (Congratulations!) is from one of my new stamp sets coming out soon!!  Can't wait to show them to you!


I hand cut the chimney piece - just a rectangle to hide my patterned paper.


The roof already has these great lines cut to look like shingles so I inked them with Walnut ink to make them more obvious.  I used Tea Dye ink (ranger distress inks) to ink all of the lighter pieces.


I also cut the tree out twice and cut apart and pieced together so I could have brown and green.


I used a white gel pen to add lots of dots and faux stitching.  I think it adds a lot.


Have a very happy day!!

18 comments:

  1. Great job! This card is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so awesome! I love how the door opens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card perfect for the occasion! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just fantastic! Great details and great job. - Fellow DT member Paper Panther

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe all the wonderful details in your New Home card! It is awesome right down to the little door knob! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know this is on Just Because Cards. It's good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love all the detail, papers and colors....

    TFS!

    Nicole T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your distressing it really makes it all come together, awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable, the potted tree at the front of the house just sets it off!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Lovely card, but this little house is on Wild Card not Just because cards!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops! I think you are right, Heather. It is Wild Card. Thanks!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect image for a "New House" card! I love your gel pen doodles and stitches. And I LOVE the roof on the house! That looks so sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card.. and the colors are so nice..

    just another great creation my friend...

    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love everything about it, you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! I love the colors you chose
    Nice job on the challenge
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kimberly,

    What a great card!!! :) You always take the time to include the best details!

    And I like the stamp! How wonderful to be coming out with your own!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them (& hopefully get some!)!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card!! I love every tiny little detail -- especially the door that opens!! How did I miss this on that cartridge??? I'd better pull that one out again!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at CTO this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips