Monday, March 7, 2011

To my Favorite Chick! - Fun shape card

Happy Monday morning to you all!  

This card was published in the Cricut Cards magazine 2011 (p. 27)

I made this card for the Peachy Keen Let's Face it Friday "Sew super cute" challenge #11 and the Pink Elephant #95 challenge  I got the sketch from the Monday Mojo #180 challenge, but I didn't finish in time to link up last week - Life happens!! :)

For this card I used the Create a Critter, Home Accents, and Mother's Day Bouquet cartridges.

For the shaped background card:
1.  Cut the Scalloped circle  from Mother's Day bouquet at 5.5 inches.  I cut 3, one from light blue patterned card stock (CratePaper) and 2 from cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink).  

2.  Be sure to mark with a small x in pencil the top scallop on each piece so you can match them up easily!  (I spent a long time trying to match and finally ended up just staggering the blue and cream)
3.   Score one of the cream scalloped circles about 3/4 inch from the top.  This will be the back of your shape card and where it will fold.  Click here for a tutorial on the Monday Mojo Blog.

4.  Match up the two cream scallops and glue above the score line so the card will open, but the fold will be on the back.  Clear as mud?!?!? 
5.  Adhere the blue scallop on top of the cream scallop card base.  (I did this because the pattern on the back of the blue was really dark and busy. Didn't want anyone to get a shock when they opened the card! 

I cut large brown circle at 4.69 inches and the cream circle at 4.29 inches on my gypsy.  The small green circle behind the chick was cut at 2.33 inches (I think!)

The cute little chick and egg are from Create a Critter (cut at 2.5 inches).  I love Peachy Keen face stamps which I used for the cute chick's face.  And of course, I had to cover it with glossy accents! Click HERE  for a video tutorial (scroll down to the bottom of the post) showing how I do the Peachy Keen Face Stamps!


I pop-dotted this card with pop-its from Ranger (They are really thick!)

I tied the bow with Vanilla Bean Crinkle ribbon and the stamped sentiment is from My Pink Stamper

I inked everything with the Vintage Touch distressing ink from Papertrey Ink.

Have a wonderful day!


17 comments:

  1. OMGosh! What a darling card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS LFIF!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS, what a fabulous card!!! TFS Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Amazing job as always! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Kimberly! This is soooo cute! I just want to pinch her cheeks! The ribbon looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...your card is to precious! Love everything about it...I may have to scraplift this card...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly,

    Your card could not be any cuter!!! :) I love it (the muted colors are perfect!)!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is too CUTE!! Love the scallop shape and adorable little chick!! (= Thanks for playing along at TPE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Pretty - love all the dementions - colors are classic. TFS

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little chickie. I think the glossy accents really add to the eyes-great idea!

    Beautiful card!
    mary3mom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is ADORABLE!!! I love the face! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this! I just love your little card just too adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off I adore you, which I have told you before, you are oh so talented and I love that you do everything yourself to save money, you have saved me soooo much! My question is what is distressing ink from papertrey ink? i went to there website and coul only find vintage touch. Is that what you used? Thanks
    Jenni
    jpshirley@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This shape card is soooo sweet, I love how you do the eyes and would love to see a tutorial how you do them. It may be simple to you but I would love to see.
    Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all of your sweet comments!

    Jeni - Yes, it was the vintage touch ink (the lighter of the two colors) I added a link to the Vintage touch ink I used from Papertrey ink. :)

    Robin - I added a link for a video tutorial showing how I do the eyes on the Peachy Keen Face stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally adorable card, love the fun shape and the chick is super cute.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything about this card! thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips