Happy Monday morning to you all!
This card was published in the Cricut Cards magazine 2011 (p. 27)
I made this card for the Peachy Keen Let's Face it Friday "Sew super cute" challenge #11 and the Pink Elephant #95 challenge I got the sketch from the Monday Mojo #180 challenge, but I didn't finish in time to link up last week - Life happens!! :)
For this card I used the Create a Critter, Home Accents, and Mother's Day Bouquet cartridges.
For the shaped background card:
1. Cut the Scalloped circle from Mother's Day bouquet at 5.5 inches. I cut 3, one from light blue patterned card stock (CratePaper) and 2 from cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink).
2. Be sure to mark with a small x in pencil the top scallop on each piece so you can match them up easily! (I spent a long time trying to match and finally ended up just staggering the blue and cream)
3. Score one of the cream scalloped circles about 3/4 inch from the top. This will be the back of your shape card and where it will fold. Click here for a tutorial on the Monday Mojo Blog.
4. Match up the two cream scallops and glue above the score line so the card will open, but the fold will be on the back. Clear as mud?!?!?
5. Adhere the blue scallop on top of the cream scallop card base. (I did this because the pattern on the back of the blue was really dark and busy. Didn't want anyone to get a shock when they opened the card!
I cut large brown circle at 4.69 inches and the cream circle at 4.29 inches on my gypsy. The small green circle behind the chick was cut at 2.33 inches (I think!)
The cute little chick and egg are from Create a Critter (cut at 2.5 inches). I love Peachy Keen face stamps which I used for the cute chick's face. And of course, I had to cover it with glossy accents! Click HERE for a video tutorial (scroll down to the bottom of the post) showing how I do the Peachy Keen Face Stamps!
I pop-dotted this card with pop-its from Ranger (They are really thick!)
I tied the bow with Vanilla Bean Crinkle ribbon and the stamped sentiment is from My Pink Stamper
I inked everything with the Vintage Touch distressing ink from Papertrey Ink.
Have a wonderful day!