Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome Baby!

Good morning my crafty friends!  Today it is design team day over at the Celebrate the Occasion Challenge blog! The challenge is to make a card for a new pet or new baby.   Head on over to join in the fun!  A winner will be selected and entered into CTO's monthly drawing.  March's prize will be the Rock Princess cricut cartridge!!

This card is from the same sketch as one I did a few days ago.  Both cards even have a Chick!  I thought the scalloped circle shape was so fun that I made a few cards like this. 

For the grass:
First, I used a circle the same size as the white inner circle that the grass is attached to as a template. 
Next, I welded the grass border from the Paper Doll Dress ups cartridge (1 inch) to a circle that had been stretched so that the bottom was the same as the circle you are using for a template, but didn't stick up past the grass blades. 
 ** There may be an easier way.  I just couldn't get the grass to weld to the bottom part of the circle and then cut out at the top.  If you have an easier way, let me know!!



The card folds along the top of the back of the card:


Click HERE to see my first card from this sketch and for directions telling how to make the base card.


The chick was cut at 2.5 inches (Create a Critter cartridge).  The stamp is from My Pink Stamper


I used the Peachy Keen face stamps, but had a hard time with the beak.  Tip:  It is much easier to use the face stamps on smooth rather than textured card stock!  :-)


The Crinkle Ribbon is a color and technique that I have been experimenting with and isn't available yet.  The flower I made using the Mother's Day bouquet cart and my Gypsy (love my Gypsy!!!)  Click HERE to see a video showing how I made this flower.


Have a very happy day!!

23 comments:

  1. Really precious card -- I love the scallop shape!! I can always count on finding a beautiful card here...

    Thanks for sharing your CTO creation this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! I love the way you made the card base! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to squeeeezzee that chick!! :) Beautiful card! :)
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the detail on the chick. I love the flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, Kimberly!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute.love the colors and the flower.i will be checking you video out.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling!!! I love the shape of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable. I love it. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful little card. I love the shap and the colors you chose. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. I love all the colors, shapes, textures on this card. The ribbon is very pretty....

    Love this card. Awesome job on the challenge!!

    Nicole T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the great shape! I just ordered some of your ribbon! It is beautiful and I can't wait to play with it! Nice job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply adorable! Love the softness and colors of the card! I'm a big softy for Peachy Keen stamps! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the colors....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just SO ADORABLE! I love that you made a traditional shape card instead of welding it in the Gypsy. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is adorable! Very pretty bow!
    http://comopark1886.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! The colors, the shape its just so sweet!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a kute kard...TFS...just became a follower...hope you do the same..http://janjan808kreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips