Thursday, April 21, 2011

May the time fly by and the days be few . . .

Click HERE for the Monday Challenge and Prize! 


Click HERE to meet my new Design Team and a chance to win some Blog Candy!

As promised, here are more pictures and instruction for the card I posted on Monday:



The stamped sentiments are from my Inside & Out stamp set # 2. Here is a picture of the inside of the card.



The paper comes from DCWV.  I used glossy accents on the eyes, claws and beak.  The eyes are from the Peachy Keen Critter Faces (Set A - Large)



I cut the cute owl at 2.75" from the Create Critter cartridge.  I used the hide contour to get rid of the large circle cuts around the eyes and added smaller circles from the George cartridge.  I lined the inside edges of the new circles up with the inside edges of the old circles.  To stamp the eyes, I placed the stamp on the clear block and then put the tan owl cut with the circles cut out for eyes on top of the clear block and lined it up with the die cut owl I was stamping on.  This way the eyes were lined up perfectly!

Then, I used my large Xyron to cover the owl with adhesive and then Fun Flock (caramel latte tan)  Click HERE to see a video showing how to do this!


The Baker's twine is hand dyed Vintage Chocolate.  I used Milk Chocolate Crinkle Ribbon to  make this ruffle.  Click HERE for instructions and a video showing how to make this ribbon ruffle border!


 Have a Happy Day!

15 comments:

  1. Wow, it turned out perfect. I love it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this little card. The flocking and the eyes really set it apart. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flock, he looks nice and fuzzy! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love the flocking! Gorgeous card, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness! Get the flock out! So, so, so cute! Love everything about this card Kimberly!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! So cute. I've got to learn how to flock. That owl is so darn cute
    Tfs
    bdtktr at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your owl card is awesome, I love the flocking. I will have to give that a try.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. How flocking adorable is this?! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flocking is so adorable on this owl.Thanks for sharing, super cute!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! The owl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the flocking!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love Love Love your card! That little owl is just a HOOT:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY adorable card!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips