Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Challenge #2 - Cute as a Bug

It's Monday and time for another My Craft Spot Monday Challenge!

Every Monday I will put together a project with a challenge. Play along to win some fun products from My Craft Spot and other goodies!  Yay!

Today's Challenge:  Cute as a Bug!
Make a card, scrapbook layout, or any other crafty project with a cute bug somewhere on your project.

Here is my card:


(Scroll down for more pictures and instructions for this card!)

Some more projects for 'buggy' inspiration:


Click HERE to see more pictures and instructions for this layout!




Click HERE to see more pictures and instructions for this layout! 


 
This is what you could win - Baker's Twine!
Winner (picked randomly) will be announced next Monday with the new Monday challenge.



I can't wait to be inspired by all of your 'Cute as a Bug' projects!





 We have a winner (randomly picked) for last weeks 'Tie a Bow' challenge!
(Thank you for all of you who participated - I loved seeing all of your beautiful/cute projects with bows!)

Random.org # 13

Congratulations Liz (WhichCraft)!
Email me with your address so I can get your prize mailed to you!


More pictures and instructions for my project:


The red card base is cut at 11.15w by 5.59h from the Birthday bash cartridge. This is becoming one of my favorite base cuts!  I cut the green scalloped circle at 5.04 (height) on my Gyspy (Gypsy Wanderings). The white circle is from Boys will be Boys and I cut it at 3.9 (height).




I used Pop it squares to lift the bug off of the card a bit and the "Thinking of You" stamp is from one of my new stamp sets (Coming out next week!!) Did you know you can curve clear stamps on your block before you stamp with them?!?!


I used Glossy Accents on the eyes and on the wings.  For the eyes, I applied a thick coat, but for the wings (cut from thick vellum paper), I just rubbed the Glossy Accents on with my finger.  It curls as it drys.


The cute little bug comes from the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge.  I cut it at 3.5 inches with all of its layers.  I also used red/pink chalk on the cheek and lots of doodling with my white gel pen and black fine point marker.


I wrapped Cherry Red Bakers Twine around the top of the card 3 times and tied a bow.



Have a happy day!

16 comments:

  1. THis is so cute! I love the shaped card and that cute bug. I am looking forward to playing in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!

    Congrats Liz!

    I have an idea for a card that will work perfectly for this! It's been in my head for a couple weeks now and it's time for it to come out! I will be back to post when finished!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Liz!!! I am excited to play along in the challenge!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! Thank you!!! These projects are so cute. I'm going to try to enter this challenge also.
    Sending you my address now!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute projects!!! Might have to get in on this one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. I tried to link my project but my picture didn't come in. Not sure what happened but if you click the link it takes you to my blog.

    Tami
    http:\\scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these little bug creations and wish I could play along with you this week. Love the wings on that bug! Awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kimberly! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your bug card and the layouts are so adorable! Great inspiration! I joined in on this fun buggy challenge and linked up my butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your projects!
    I have an award for you on my blog.
    www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Kristin (aka. Mama Hen)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear Kimberly! All of these projects are darling! Love how you added detail to each! Love the Vintage twine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Liz!

    Great projects...love the bugs! Thanks for sharing! And for the challenge! My card has a butterfly!!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card!! I just love how you used vellum for the wings and then applied the glossy accents to get the finish.

    Congrats to Liz!! Have fun with you new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable! I love the vellum wings. I had hoped to join in on the challenge but ran out of time this week. There are some fabulous submissions!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips