Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Challenge #3 - Happy Birthday with a twist!

It's Monday and time for another My Craft Spot Monday Challenge!

Every Monday I will put together a project with a challenge. Play along to win some fun products from My Craft Spot and other goodies!  Yay!

Today's Challenge:  Happy Birthday with a twist - add a tag!
Make a birthday card, scrapbook layout, or anything else you come up with using a tag somewhere on the project. 

Here is my card:




(Scroll down for more pictures and instructions for this card!)

Some more projects for inspiration:


Click HERE to see more pictures and instructions for this gift box!



This was a birthday invitation for my Grandpa's 85th birthday.
 
This is what you could win - One of my new stamp sets !
Click HERE to see all of my clear stamps 



Link up your project and leave a comment telling me which stamp set is your favorite for a chance to win one stamp set of your choice.


A winner (picked randomly) will be announced next Monday with the new Monday challenge.

I can't wait to be inspired by all of your 'Birthday' projects!







 We have a winner (randomly picked) for last weeks 'Cute as a Bug' challenge!
(Thanks to all who joined the fun - I loved seeing all of your cute bug projects!)

Random.org #19

Congratulations Amber !
Email me with your address so I can get your prize mailed to you!


More pictures and instructions for my project:
(Lots of pictures this time!)


The cupcake shaped card and the candle both come from the Wrap it Up cartridge.  I love the cupcake card on the wrap it up cartridge, but I wanted a different candle, so I welded a new candle over the original. The shape card and layers were cut at 5" (height) and the candle I added over the top was cut at 3.35" (height)


I also wanted to add a yellow patterned 'cupcake wrapper' to the front of the card.  I scooted the cut off to the side so as not to waste paper and put my patterned paper upside down on the mat.  Then I trimmed the edge with my paper cutter.  (This is the yellow piece on the front of the cupcake)


I also wanted chocolate brown on the inside of my cupcake card so I cut it once from white cardstock (right side of gypsy mat) and once from brown (left side of gypsy mat) Then I trimmed the brown on the fold line.


So, here is my cupcake card base.  I cut off the candle  :)


Here is my brown for the inside of my card.  I stamped the Happy Birthday with embossing ink and then heat embossed the white embossing powder on top.  I LOVE that you can curve clear stamps before inking them! Oh, the possibilities . . . Click HERE to see all of my new stamp sets.


I added a little faux stitching with my white gel pen and adhered to the inside of card.


For the pink frosting, I first adhered the red candle and then added glossy accents (smeared with my finger) and then sprinkled Martha Stewart tinsel glitter on top.


I inked the blue patterned paper candle with Bazzinks splash ink.


For the yellow cupcake wrapper I first stamped the sentiment, from Inside & Out Stamp Set #2, and then inked the edges and doodled with the white gel pen.


My new Inside & Out Stamps have sentiments for the outside of your cards . . .


 . . .  and matching sentiments for the inside of your cards!  Click HERE to see all of my new stamp sets!


Time to build our cupcake!  First add the frosting and candle base.


Next, I added the blue patterned paper candle.


Then the flame and the cupcake wrapper.


This would make a cute card all by itself, but I wanted to add a little more. How much is too much?!?!


So,  I added pop it squares 


and adhered it to a standard A2 size card.



Now for the tag!  The 'Eat Cake!' sentiment comes from my Inside & Out Stamp Set #2.   I stamped it on pink card stock, cut it out by hand, and matted it twice.  Then I used Cherry Red Bakers Twine to attach it to the candle.  


Be sure to link up your project and leave a comment telling me which of my new stamp sets is your favorite for a chance to win one of my new stamp sets!

Have a happy day!

9 comments:

  1. I have joined the challenge! That cupcake card is really cute. I need to make one sometime.
    I think I would like the Sweet Sentiments stamps, second would be Sweet Sentiments #2. Any one would be super. Good luck to everyone.

    Oh and I love the invitation for Grandpa!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love it! The MS tinsel is super fun too. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cupcake card! Thanks for sharing all the details on it! The frosting looks fabulous with the MS tinsel! I have piles of MS items that I should really use (along with many other long forgotten treasures)! I'm so excited I won the twine from lastweek's challenge. I have been wanting to buy some and I keep coming here and looking at it but just haven't put it in the cart yet. I'm sure it will be enough to get me hooked so I keep coming back for more..hehe! Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your site just found it. Thanks for hosting a challenge for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun challenge. All of your stamps are great would be happy to win anyone. Thanks again for the fun challenge. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! I love the way it opens mid-card. That's such a sharp idea!
    I've just entered the challenge too. Although I think all your stamp sets are fabulous, I think I would have to pick Inside & Out - Set#2 as my favourite. I love the "little prayer" sentiment best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable! All your stamps are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects!! I need to try to curve my clear stamps...thanks for the tip! My fave set of your stamps is Sweet Sentiments #2! Thanks for the challenge!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I made it to the 3rd Challenge. I was able to sneak in some time to join your challenge. Thanks for sending the stamps out so quickly. I love them! My favorite is Sweet Sentiments #2.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips