Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You are my Sunshine!

Hey Everyone!

Click HERE for the Monday challenge and Prize (A stamp set of your choice)!!

Thought I would share a little shape card today.  Using my Gypsy, I cut 2 scalloped rectangles at 4.66 wide by 5.27 high from the Create a Critter cartridge (Phrase/shiftlock - keypad button 33).  I was surprised to find this cut on the Create a critter cartridge!!  I had forgotten that there is a cloud right next to this cut that would have been a cute addition to this card.  Maybe next time.  :)


The blue background was cut from the George cartridge at 4.14 wide by 3.06 high.

I scored about 1/2 inch from the side edge of the scalloped rectangle and then adhered the two rectangles together along that side to make a card that opens on the left side with the fold on the back piece.  Clear as mud?!?!


The stamped sentiment comes from my new Sweet Sentiments Stamps - set #2.

The sun and all of it's layers were cut at 3.94 wide by 2.18 high from the Country Life cartridge (Keypad button #45) with all of its layers.


The face stamp is from the Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face Parts (PK-496).  I used glossy accents on the eyes and dotted some around the sun. 


I wrapped Baby Blue Bakers Twine around the blue background and tied a tiny bow.  All of the green edges were inked with clear snap Moss Green.

Have a great day!


20 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card. I am so entering your challenge for this week. This is the set I would pick (I sing the song to my little one all the time and his face just lights up) thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I LVOE it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! I love all the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love this sweet little card!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheerful card! I actually think the clouds would detract from the sun and sentiment - so I'm glad you forgot about them!! Thanks for the close-up of the eyes, too. I haven't used my character faces yet and am eager to learn tips to add interest to faces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ADORABLE card.... it is sure to cheer andyone up. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cheerful card! And yes, it is adorable.

    Where do you buy baker's twine? I have looked in our local craft stores and have not found it.

    marjorie_brundage at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I just scrolled down your page on this blog and saw that you sell it so I will place and order for the baker's twine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just precious and puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card, I have not yet tried the glossy accents yet but an planning on a Hobby Lobby trip this weekend and that is on my list. Thanks for sharing you card love it.
    Patti~
    pattijb2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so cute!!!! I love all the stitching and the details. Nice job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  12. THis is so cute! I love that sun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. Makes me smile :-)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi..I ordered some vintage ribbon from u..I noticed a silly mistake that I am sure u will see..I spelled Street..wrong...Not sure how I spelled it, but saw a glance at last second..My addres is right and everything else...Thanks, Krista Norman
    Ps..Cute project..
    My email is skianorman@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. WoW this is so pretty, I am your newest follower. I will be your newest customer soon. TFS!!! it with the Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cute card! I have so many of these sunsets cut/pieced leftover from some invitations. I just need to throw them together and now this stamp set is next on my wishlist! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! Love the rolling green hills and of course that cute little sun. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love this card! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips