Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cute overalls shape cards - Freshly Picked cartridge

Good morning my crafty friends!  I am having so much fun with shape cards! 


Click HERE for this weeks Monday Challenge (shape cards!)

I scraplifted this idea from Creations with Christina.  I love all of her projects, but this was one of my favorites. Click HERE for her original post and awesome video tutorial!



The overalls shapes came from the Freshly Picked cartridge, but you could also use your Gypsy to squish (make shorter and wider) the overalls on the Country Life or Every Day Paper Dolls cartridge to get a similar cut. 
 

I used my Gypsy to weld two overalls shadows together.  Each shadow was 5 inches (height). The video Christina made shows how to do this!

 

Then I cut a pair of overalls (5 inches again) and all of its layers .


The flower is from the Mothers Day Bouquet seasonal cartridge.  I used my Gypsy hide contour feature to hide the inner cuts on the flower.  I think I cut this flower at 0.65 inches.  The little white flower is a punch I have and then I just added an orange brad for the center.  Ink, doodle, etc. to make the overalls look cute :) 


I used brads for the the overalls 'buttons' at the top on the red and blue overalls and a little lower on the green and orange overalls.  Not sure which I like better.


The scalloped circle tags come from the Birthday Bash cartridge (cut at 1.46 inches high).  I used the hide contour feature to hide the hole in the tag so I could punch a new one where I wanted it to be.  The circle was cut at 1.39 inches high.


I used white crochet thread to tie the tags onto the brad and then used a small piece of a pop it square to secure the tag to the card.


I used decorative edged scissors to cut a small piece of white 'ruffle' to tuck under the bottoms of the overalls.  I thought it added a 'girly' touch to this card.


All of the stamped sentiments came from Sweet Sentiments Sets #1 and #2.


I am entering these cards in the following challenges:
1.  Betty Bees Buzz - summertime, and the living is easy

 Hope you enjoyed these two cards as much as I enjoyed making them!  

Have a beautiful day!

 

16 comments:

  1. these overalls are ALL ADORABLE! I luv all the tiny detail embellishments for them
    thank you for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love the colors your picked for your overalls. Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are wonderful and I love the colors you chose to make them in. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly these are so cute! I love them the papers are soooo cute to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute! I have this cartridge and never thought about doing something as wonderful as this! I might have to scrap lift the scrap lift! LOL!!

    Patty
    Craftykitten1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the most adorable cards i've seen in a long time....love love them...i wish i had that paper, colors are fab together...TFS!
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, love the color and everything, LOL.

    Indira
    craftyhomemade7atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim they came out so beautiful... guess who has the one Christina made int that video...

    I do.. she send it to me when I won on her blog.. on the national card day challenge.. love it.. great job my friend..

    tfs..

    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too stinking cute!! Great job -Paper Panther

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super, Kimberly! I love your papers - and the extra little ruffle is such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kimberly,loved your cards so much I decided to make myself a set.Thank you so much for the inspiration,they are fantastic.Also wanted to say how beautiful your crinkle ribbon is,I was lucky enough to receive some from Kate and think it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are too cute! I love the colors and papers you used and the summery freshness of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are too cute for words! Thank you for playing along with us at Betty bee's Buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little overhauls are sooooo very cute. The papers you selected are just perfect for the little pants. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips