Friday, June 3, 2011

Check It Out! #1 - Scrappin Cookie

I am going to start something new and fun at My Craft Spot!
 
 I love to find new blogs that inspire me and I know you do to!  Sooo . . . I thought I would share as I come across different blogs or projects that I find amazing!  
 I think I will call it "Check it out!" unless any of you want to email me a better name for this new feature! (which I would appreciate)  I have a hard time coming up with fun names for things.  :)  

Today's spotlighted blog is
 I love Marlene's style!
Here are a couple of my favorite cards/projects from her blog:
 
  
This is just darling!  Marlene designed this .cut file (available on her blog!) using the Plantin School book cartridge. 


 
I love how Marlene used the Petal Pink Crinkle Ribbon on this card!  Beautiful!



Meet Marlene - the creative talent behind Scrappin Cookie!


Hi, my name is Marlene. I’m 27 years old, have been married for 8 years and have two wonderful little boys. I fell in love with papercrafting when I was pregnant with my first son and saw all of the beautiful things that could be done - its been 6 years since then!  I love my Cricut Expression and Design Studio. I use them for almost EVERY project; together they have expanded my creativity level. Along with them, I love to use sketches, chipboard, inks, bling – stickles & pearls, my Signo White Pen, digital sentiments, and lots of layers on most of my creations. However, if I had to describe my crafting sytle, I'd say its Simple & Clean. Papercrafting has not only provided me with a creative outlet but also a way to find tranquilty and great satisfaction when I see my projects come to life. I enjoy sharing all my work with everyone thru my blog, ScrappinCookie.

Be sure to check out Marlene's blog - you will be amazed!

Have a super day! 

12 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Great projects by Marlene:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Kimberly! When you asked about a title for this segment of yhour blog ...the 1st thing that popped into my head was, Second Hand Rose.But, I like Check It Out...its a tempting lil title! Thanks for the info about Marlene...I'm off to check out her blog.
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene's work is absolutely amazing! Wonderful choice for your first Check it Out Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that cupcake.... thanks for sharing Marlene's creation with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Marlene's creations…that cupcake is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlene has a wonderful talent! I'm always so impressed with her work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great segment idea!
    I like the name for the segment
    Marlene's creations are always stunning, so great choice for your first "Check it out", she is amazing.
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This came out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! tfs! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects by Marlene! I'll definitely have to visit her blog!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your idea and love Marlene's stuff! Heading over there now to become a follower (if I'm not already). I subscribe to so many I can't remember them all somtimes! :p

    Thanks Hun,
    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Marlenes blog and her creations, they are all just stunning.
    I am new to blogging so getting my blog out would be great, how do you decide what blogs to show and do you have a place to go to tell you about our new blogs?

    Nenerscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips