Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Easy Bakers Twine Candies!

Hi everyone! 
 Click HERE for this weeks Monday Challenge!


Yesterday was my DT day over at She's a Sassy Lady so I thought I would share this fun project with all of you today.  I saw these fun bakers twine candies in the July 2011 issue of Paper Crafts Magazine and I just had to try them!  (They are super easy)


I used Honey Dew, Caribbean, and Blossom Bakers Twine.   The patterned paper is from Making Memories and Pebbles Inc.


 Scroll down for a video showing how I made these sweet bakers twine candies!


I used dimensional squares to give the candies a little lift.


The stamped sentiment is from Sweet Sentiments #2.


I cut the circles for the candies from the George cartridge (1 inch - real dial size), the square stamp frames are from Gypsy Wanderings (Shift-tag, button #45 cut at 1.35 inches)  I used my paper cutter to cut colored squares for the inside.


I used my sewing machine to stitch around the pink patterned paper and around each of the small squares.  The border punch is from Martha Stewart (doily edge)

Here is a video showing how to make these fun bakers twine candies!





Have a wonderful day  :)

18 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love how you did this and the stitching and punch add so much cuteness to this card! TFS! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great video and ideal.....the candy looks so real! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a neat idea. Love your card
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea. I love the little candies and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card and idea with us at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! What an adorable idea. I'm gonna have to copy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these little twine candies so cute!!! Love the card too :-) I may have to give this a try some day. TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super sweet....i'm just gonna have to try it. TFS!..www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tutorial and so cute, THANKS!

    cutecardsandcraftsbyjamie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great candy! No calories! My favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Kimberly...this is the cutest card EVER! The candies made from the twine looks so REAL...Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So neat! I love what you have done with the baker's twine! Yummy Goodness!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW! I am so loving your idea. You are very crafty. I love your wonderful ideas. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous idea, Kimberly! Your little twine sweets look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cool is this project...now i know twine can be used for so much more...thanks for the inspiration...and i love this card...so sweet

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooo cute! I love them to pieces! Don't be surprised if you see them on one of my projects sometime soon! I'm back to blogging this week. Thank you so much for your caring words last week and for sharing the video! It touched me! I appreciate all your support! I left a few blog awards on my blog for you! Take them all or pick the ones you would like and please don't feel obligated to go through all the requirements (they can be a lot of work...hehe)! Please know I truly appreciate all your encouragment and all the hard work you put into My Craft Spot!
    Thanks!
    Amber
    my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips