Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Patriotic - Sending you a little prayer . . .

- that God will keep you in his care.
(Inside & Out stamp set #2)
 
Hello my crafty friends!  I was so inspired by all of the projects you have entered in my 'Seeing Stars' challenge, that I thought I would make a patriotic card too.  :)

Click HERE to enter the challenge!
I didn't use my Cricut on this card at all (gasp!). The die-cut tag is from Tattered Angels (custom cutouts rockin renaissance).  I inked the tag with Ranger Distress Ink (Walnut and Aged Mahoganey).  The eagle and the stars were pre-embossed on the tag and made to resist the ink (pretty cool!)


I used Navy Blue Crinkle Ribbon and my hand dyed Vintage Cherry Bakers Twine.  The paper is Crate Paper (red, tan scallop), My Little Shoebox (brown polka dot), and Bazzill (Solid blue).  


The stamped sentiment is from the Inside & Out #2 Stamp Set.  The button is from Fancy Pants Designs.

Challenges I am entering this card in:
My Creative Time - Cricutless and sketch
My Sheri Crafts #63 - Independence Day
Celebrate the Occasion - 4th of July
Craft us Crazy - Red, White & Blue 
Use it Tuesday - Red, White & Blue 
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Red White & Blue
Sentimental Sundays - Colors of your nations flag
Party Time Tuesdays - 4th of July


Have a wonderful day/evening!

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I absolutely love all the details and of course..the crinkle ribbon is perfect. TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fabulous tag...love it. Love all the details...stunning. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love all the little details like the button! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job! I love all the details especially the inking. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The distressing really makes the Eagle stand out. Thanks for playing with us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I should really get out my Tattered Angels kit I bought over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO! :o)

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card... and look at you go without a Cricut. Love the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done! Thanks so much for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty. Thank you for joining us over at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card, Kimberly! I love the dark crinkle ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was here yesterday, but blogger was having comment problems. I was working on my CTO comments and came upon this again! This is such an awesome card! I LOVE THAT SENTIMENT and that tag is amazing! Everything goes together so beautifully! Thanks for joining DT#2 this week! Good Luck with the other challenges! Oh and I am in a hop today and I used your fabulous Twinery twine again in a LO! I LOVE that stuff! I hope you get a chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is so beautiful! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that it was pre-embossed, your distress inks look wonderful and all your embellishments are phenomenal, really great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so good looking! Love the image and of course the sentiment and crinkle ribbon!! I looked through the new Cricut magazine the other day and your cards are just adorable !!!! Congrats on being published , Kimberly!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such detail in this beautiful card... thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great job. thanks for playing with cto this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an absolutely gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO SWEET! Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips