Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gingerbread couple

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays to make things for - cards, scrapbook pages, gifts!!  How fun that in scrapbooking/cardmaking world we can make Christmas things year round!

Click HERE to enter the Christmas in July challenge!


I cut the card base at 5.5 inches from the birthday bash cartridge.  The sweet gingerbread couple is cut at 7.43 inches from the Paper Doll Dressups cartridge.


I used Peachy Keen stamps for the face, coloring in the eyes with a white gel pen, and covering with glossy accents.


The circles and wavy decorations on the gingerbread couple come from Just Because Cards and were cut at 6 inches. (They go with different gingerbread cuts)  For the dress, I just cut a second gingerbread lady and hand trimmed the dress.  I used decorative edge scissors along the bottom.


The stamped sentiment is from Sweet Sentiments #1 and is one of my favorites!


I used Vintage Cherry Bakers Twine to tie the tag on and for the sweet bow on the gingerbread lady.   I inked everything with tea dye and walnut distress inks.


I used dimensional squares to pop everything up off the card base.


Merry Christmas in July!  ;)

21 comments:

  1. Even made from paper, this gingerbread couple look sweet enough to eat...almost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a TERRIFIC job!! I love it!

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card!! I know that this is totally the wrong thing to do, but I'm using your idea for my Christmas cards this year.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo cute Kimberly! Love Mrs. Gingerbread's necklace. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute. Especially like the PK face stamps.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute, cute, cute. I love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just SOOOOO flippin' cute. TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVe Gingerbread people, too! Fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw what a sweet Ginger Bread card. They are so very cute. Great job.

    Kellie

    kardsbykellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is so so cute.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw this on the Cricut message board and had to stop by for a better look! I love gingerbread people and decorate my kitchen with them each Christmas. Your card is just adorable and those cute little faces are just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. I just love the gingerbred couple:) How adorable! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This little gingerbread couple are darling! I love the colors! The vintage twine looks great with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! I love those peachy faced gingerbread men! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card!! I love the way you've made the gingerbread look like they've got such pudgy cheeks. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog and thank you for your sweet comment and following me! I am following you and looking forward to the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! You can almost smell the gingerbread baking! Great job on the faces...they are so cute that you can't help but smile!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips