Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hi there! card - old fashioned bicyle from the Heritage cartridge

Hi there! I hope you are all having a great weekend!  I thought I would pop in and post a fun summery card I made yesterday:


I used my Gypsy and the George cartridge to make the card base (8.59 x 3.96) and cut the window (3.18 inches real dial size). The scallop circle is from mini monograms (4.23 inches, inner circle - 3.15 inches real dial size) The bicycle is from the Heritage cartridge cut at 2.71 inches.  I cut the bicycle 3 times (2 black, 1 hot pink). Then I hand trimmed the pink and adhered it to the 1st black bicycle.  Then, I used my scissors to trim the black pieces you can see in the picture (wheels, seat, handle bars)

  
The 'Hi there!' stamp is from Inside & Out #2  and the fun paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle.

  
I covered the whole bicycle with glossy accents and tied Pink Sorbet Bakers twine around the card.

 
Have a happy day!

11 comments:

  1. wow, this is really a fun card! I like the old bike and how you welded in the gypsy. I'm still learning with mine and this really is a help!
    thanks for sharing(espec. the dimensions)
    Happy 4th, Tina

    tfoley55.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bicycle looks amazing. You should enter it at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the glossy accents on the bicycle. You did a wonderful job on this.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card. Love the twine and bicycle. Thanks for playing along with us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that bike is sooo cute. Great job. I just love glossy accents. I recently got hooked on it and have been using it like crazy.
    Candy :)
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that card and the bicycle- it looks so good with the glossy accents! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...this is so cute Kimberly! The cut-out is amazing and the glossy accents gives it the perfect look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! I love the fun bicycle and how you glossed it up. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, very nice card Kimberly! I love the paper and the bicycle is awesome. I love the look of it with the glossy accents. TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun - and so well done! The Glossy Accents look wonderful on the old-fashioned bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! I need to get the mini monograms cartridge. Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips