Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3D cupcake box from the new project cartridge!

Hello my crafty friends! I haven't been posting as many projects lately - summer is just so busy and fun - but I do have something fun for you today.  If you follow She's a Sassy Lady blog, you will recognize this as my DT project yesterday.  If you haven't already, you should go and check out Sheila's blog - there are fun new projects every day with over 20 fantastic designers contributing each month!

Well, I just bought the new Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge, and just had to make the 3D cupcake first!  I hope Provo Craft comes out with a lot more 3D cartridges - it makes it quick and easy to make something spectacular!

Scroll down for a video showing how I made this cupcake box!


I cut the cupcake box at 8.5 inches, though next time I make one of these I will be cutting it a little larger (9.5 inches or bigger) so it will fit a regular sized cupcake.


The inside of the cupcake box has an insert to hold the cupcake in place. How cool is that?!?!  No smashed frosting!


The fun stamped sentiment comes from my Inside & Out Stamp Set  #2.  I also used Pink Bubblegum Crinkle Ribbon. The pink paper is from My Little Shoebox and the brown with the blue polka dot is from Crate Paper


This trendy bakers twine is called 'strawberry cupcake pink' and is one of 7 new colors I have in stock!


This new twine has 3 yummy colors - dark pink, light pink and white - all twisted together. 

 I altered the cherry a bit so that I could have layers. 

Here is a video showing how to make this fun 3D cupcake:



Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I was trying to decide if I should buy that cartridge, I think I will. Thanks so much for the tutorial! It's so much easier for me if I can watch someone do it.

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the cupcake creation. Especially like the ruffled ribbon trim which takes patience to do. I bought the cartridge but have yet to use it. Now you've shown me & inspired me I'll give it a try. First, I wanted to know what paper you used for the cupcake creation?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! Love the ribbon! Just beautiful!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cupcake project. What a cool cartridge, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. Love the color.

    Kellie

    kardsbykellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet and yummy!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! I really want this cart......looks like lots of fun things to dress up and make your own. I love the way you added the ruffled ribbon.....it really makes it look fancy. Thanks for sharing the video on how to put it together.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo cute! I really need this cart! I love the way the crinkle ribbon looks! It is a gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips