Friday, September 16, 2011

A few new cut files!!

I have watched videos of many of you updating your Gypsy with ease.  I only update my Gypsy about once a year because it usually takes me 3 days on the phone with customer support.  This time I only had to call customer support twice. Yay!  Apparently I need to use different anti virus software.  I guess it doesn't like "bugs".  Lol!!  
I can currently do updates on my husbands laptop, but not on any of the other computers in my house.  (We will count that as a small victory) But, I can only get some of the files off my Gypsy.  I get a fatal error when it is about a third done. (The error is fatal because it locks up my computer and I have to shut down and restart!)  Grrrrr!!  
It looks to me like the only way to get a file off the gypsy is to "back up gypsy files".  Do any of you know if there is a way to just select one?  When I highlight one file and click on the backup, it still tries to save all of the files. I guess I will be chatting with the very nice (really!) people at customer support.  They are very patient with me.  Sorry to go on so long  . . .
Here are the three files I managed to get so far.  I hope to have a few more to share soon!
Click on the file name to download:

Shaped Box Strip (Gypsy cut file)
This is a strip of cardstock with tabs along both edges for making shaped boxes.  Click here and  here for projects showing how I used this.

Box with Flip lid (Gypsy cut file)
This is a fun little box with an attached lid. 

Shaped Overalls card (Gypsy cut file)
This is a fun shape card. Click here to see what it looks like.

6 comments:

  1. I had something similar going on, but it has stopped. I am using the free Microsoft software -- Google 'Microsoft Virus Protection'. It seems to create less problems and does the job:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly, well I was on the phone with PC yesterday trying to update my gypsy also. They are so nice and helpful. Good luck and thanks for the files!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    I have the Cricut Expression and the Cricut Imagine. I got so frustrated trying to load my Cricut Imagine Carts onto the Gypsy that I am sending it back to Provo Craft and they are going to load it for me. I have a brand new little laptop that I use for updates, so far, so good.

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing:-) I appreciate the extra work you had to go through to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited to see you sharing the cut file for you Shape Box Strip. However, when I try to add it to my G, I get a message saying it's not a valid file. I get the message when I try to copy over the Box with Flip Lid file. Has anyone else had this problem? What am I doing wrong??

    donna
    graveld@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a Gypsy but found there was a problem with my Design Studio loading because I recently added an external hard drive. I have to unplug it before loading or updating Design Studio. If you have one, this may be part of the problem.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips