Friday, November 11, 2011

Check it out! - Laura from Scrapaddict 4 Life

Hello my crafty friends!  Every once in a while I like to spotlight a fellow crafty blogger.  Today you are in for a treat! 


Hi there!! I'm Laura Cox, and I am so excited to be a featured artist here on My Craft Spot!!  I started with Kimberly's yummy crinkle ribbon, and then started to collect the twine and stamps.....love it all!!

A little about me....I've been paper crafting as long as I can remember!  I love to "play" with inks, papers, twine, ribbon, stamps, and the messier the better!!  I enjoy scrapbooking and cardmaking, and my favorite thing is to "upcycle" packaging into something fun and new!  I have a closet FULL of all kinds of jars and packages that are just waiting to inspire!   Would love to have you visit my blog:  www.scrapaddict4life.blogspot.com anytime!  Now would be a really great time, too....because Kimberly gave me a package of her awesome twine to give away!!!  So stop by and leave a comment for a chance to win!! 

About my projects....one of my projects today is a perfect example of an upcycle....the jar and the individual chocolate "treat" package are a recycled nut jar and brad packaging!  The jar is for Thanksgiving this year.....it will be filled with those little treat packages....one for each person.  Tucked into the back, is a paper with the word "blessings" (stamped from the Happy Fall Stamp set)....for everyone to write down their blessings from this year.  We will put them in the jar, and then read them during dessert time!  The second project, a set of covered note pads I made as gifts for a few friends.  I used the Thanksgiving Twine, the Pumpkin Spice and Cranberry Crinkle Ribbon and the "Happy Fall" Stamp set from here at My Craft Spot! 

I can't thank Kimberly enough for featuring me today!!  And don't forget to stop by my blog and leave a comment for that awesome prize!!  

Here are some awesome projects made by Laura!:


 I love the beautiful embossing on the front of Laura's gorgeous jar!  


Pretty treat packaging!

Here is a shot of the back:

 This fun 3D Sundae really caught my eye!  I love the striped paper and the button 'cherry on top'!!


 I love how Laura tied her tag on with bakers twine!


Don't you just love the fun colors of paper Laura picked?!?!


I love the beautiful details on Laura's notebooks!  All 3 are similar in coloring, but it's all in the details!


All of the stamps are from my Happy Fall stamp set!



Head on over to check out Laura's blog!


Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work. These are awesome! Congratulations on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Laura!!! Love the way you recycled the brads packaging. Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Laura...love upcycling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Fall color's you choose. A really nice Thanksgiving tradition.Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to thank Laura for letting me know about this blog and for sharing her projects here and on her own blog. Wonderful "upcycling" projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects Laura!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects Laura. I really like how you connected the treat boxes via the note card w/the blessings jar. - blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects. Like the use of the Tim Holtz embossing folder. Twine you say twine. I like twine and wouldn't. Thanks for giveaway chance.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic projects laura. now to get that yummy sundae done. lol Glad you were featured on this blog...your work is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips