Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Bell shape card - Believe!

I love the Polar Express book and thought it would be fun to make a bell shaped card with the word "Believe" on it.  This card went together so quickly!


 The bell is from the Christmas Solutions cartridge.  I cut two of the shadows at 4 inches.  Then scored a line about 1/2 inch from the top of one of the shadow cuts and folded on the score line.  I ran a line of adhesive above the fold and stuck the two shadows together.  This makes a card base that folds at the top.  (No Gypsy or welding needed!)  Click HERE for a video showing this technique on a Halloween card.

  
I cut the bell shape and layers at 4 inches from this fabulous gold paper from a DCWV Christmas stack.  I inked all of the edges with a metallic gold ink pad then used dimensionals to pop the center layer of the bell up a bit.


The stamped "Believe" is from my new Merry Christmas stamp set.  I used Cranberry Crinkle Ribbon for the bow and a button from my stash.  For the tag, I stamped the sentiment on cream paper, inked the edges with gold, and then matted it with gold paper.  I had to ink the edges of the gold paper to so that it would match everything. 

Overall, a pretty easy card to make.  Have a great weekend!!

 

16 comments:

  1. I just love that movie! What a great card Kimberly!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimberly this is just beautiful.. what lovely paper, and I love your stamp. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the pattern paper you used and the crinkle ribbon is the perfect touch..

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Aamnda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Love the patterned paper, it looks so festive with the crinkle ribbon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card,love that book too.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kimberly, and the pattern paper is gorgeous! I love shape cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Kimberly!!! You have such great and clever ideas. Linda Harris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimberly, it turned out just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kimberly!! I love the metallic paper and the ribbon is just beautiful. Love this!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bell!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Kimberley, so elegant! I love the paper you used and the pop of red ribbon is perfect holding the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous! The paper is just so elegant and that red ribbon just pops right off the card, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Such a beautiful card! The ribbon is just the perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful, Kimberly! Really stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips