Thursday, November 10, 2011

Harvest Blessings

Hey everyone!  Hope you are having a great week!  Today is Thankful Thursday over at Amanda Crafts and More and Amanda has invited me to be a guest designer today! Yay! Visit Amanda's blog to enter to win a set of my Happy Fall stamps! I am also entering this card in the Cricut Circle Monthly challenge!

  
The 'Harvest Blessings' sentiment is from my Happy Fall stamp set.  I had this card all planned out in my mind, you know how that goes, but when I looked through my cartridges, I couldn't find a scarecrow on any of them! So, I decided to make my own from the Paper Doll Dressups cartridge. (List of cuts at the end!)


I tied Vintage Black Bakers Twine around the hat and I used some rusty wire I had in my stash to wrap around the fence posts. I popped everything with dimensional squares.



The face stamp is from Peachy Keen (of course!) and I inked everything with lots of Walnut ink, chalked the cheeks, and added a few details with my white gel pen.  I used cuttlebug folders to emboss the shirt, fence posts, and sign.


Here is a list of all of the many cuts I used to build this card.  (I may have to buy a cartridge with a scarecrow on it!!):

Paper Doll Dressups:
Hat - streteched to  2.87w by 2.88h (shift, headware button #39)
Hair - 2.51 by 4.53 inches (headwear button #8)
Shirt - 4.53 inches (shift, button #24)
Pants - 4.53 inches(button #24)
Head - 1.75 by 3.33 inches (Shift, button #1)
Dirt - 1.0 inches (headware button #50)

Walk in My Garden:
Sign - 2.76 inches

Gyspy Wanderings:
Grass (I cut this apart and used for straw in arms and legs) - 1.0 inches (shift, button #42) 

George cartridge:
Card base (brown) - 5.35 inches
smaller insert (light blue) - 5.16 inches

Mini Monsters:
Tree - 4.41 inches
 Fence - (I cut this apart with scissors and only used the rails) - 2.65 inches 

*The leaves are from an EK Success punch.

Be sure to hop on over to Amanda's blog for a chance to win the stamp set I used on my card!



I have added this card to the Scrapbookaholic challenge.

Happy Crafting!

29 comments:

  1. Super-duper creative! Awesome card. Thanks so much for sharing how you did all those cuts.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scarecrow is PERFECT!!!! AMAZING job!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest card ever! Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kimberly! This is AMAZING! Every little detail is just perfection! You are such a story teller with your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cheerful fall card! Your scarecrow is so clever, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kimberly this card is fantastic. Rusty wire, Really??!! I just love all the inking you did. Fabulous!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever Kimberly, he's adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like that you created your own scarecrow & scene with different cartridges and especially like the wire added on fence posts & twine on the hat and how can I forget the wonderful PK face.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking for a scarecrow the other day and I don't have one on any of my carts either - Your's is so cute!! And a lot of work!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry he is not very scary! He's too cute!!! What a great job! You would never find a better scarecrow on another cartridge...so don't waste your money! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so cute Kimberly! I love him, the scarecrow cart that is out is a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So stinkin cute Kimberly. I would say you dont need a special scarecrow cartridge as you can make one without it and cute to boot. Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This guy is awesome! You really make all the die-cuts look amazing with all the inking and patterned paper you used! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scarecrow is adorable-you are SO clever! I honestly love the whole card. :) You've added so many cool details. Great job!


    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the cutest scarecrow and the most adorable card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness...what an amazing card! I love scarecrows and yours is just adorable and what a sweet little face! The fence looks wonderful and I love the sign. You have just created the cutest little fall scene, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kimberly, this is just the cutest scarecrow ever! You did a fabulous job of piecing it together. I love the colors and the details are AMAZING!!Wow, anyone would love to get this card...need my address, LOL!!
    Great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Great job! I'm impressed and inspired that you didn't have a scarecrow cut. I thought I couldn't do one since I don't have an actual scarecrow cut either!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow....this is just soooo cute....
    Love the way u have pieced the Scarecrow together.
    Great Job!
    Tfs!!

    Hugs,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kimberly, I was wndering if I order you stamp bundle today and pay with a CC will I have them by this coming weekend. I have a scrap event and want to use all you holiday stamps on my projects...
    Patti~
    pattijb2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cute scarecrow. I love the fence you made. Thanks for linking up at Cuttin'Up With Class.

    Jani
    papercompulsions

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh ... this is so adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood 'Give Thanks' challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hooray...I found your blog after going from FB, Peachy Keen Connection and now here. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is just darling! I love fall colors. So warm :) I really like the fence! Wow! thanks so much for playing with us at Cutting' Up With Class!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all of your dimension and layers on this card. Especially that adorable PKS face :) Fall is my favorite time of the year..maybe it has to do with all of the fabulous colors.
    Thanks for taking the time to play along with our "Thankful" challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable card! Congrats on "Project of the Day" on the Cricut Circle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is so beatiful!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips