Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thoughts for Sunday - Unselfish service

I haven't done a "Thoughts for Sunday" post for a while, so I thought I would share this link to a video I found about how important it is to serve those around us in the little day to day things.  
Yesterday I attended the funeral for a neighbor who died of cancer.  He was a wonderful person and so willing to help everyone he came in contact with.  Many years ago we were finishing our basement and he came over to help us connect the electrical wiring to the box but wouldn't let us pay him.  At that time, we didn't know him very well, but so much appreciated his help.  As we listened to people speaking at his funeral, we found he had done similar things for many others. It's the seemingly small acts of kindness, serving and loving those around us, that makes life beautiful.

Click HERE to watch "Love thy neighbor".  I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did!

Have a beautiful Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. This video is beautiful. I was in the hospital 2 days this week and the outpour of unselfish acts of kindness amazes me. It looks like I have a rough road ahead of me and it's so comforting to know that there are friends and family who are going to help me along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this reminder. We may never know how far a simple act of kindness may stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kate, we never know what a simple act of kindness will do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips