Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend! I have had lots of requests for instructions on this little snowman shape card, so today is the day!
This cute snowman and all of his layers were cut at 4.05 inches from the Snow Friends cartridge. I cut the sign twice (one brown, one cream)at 3.18 inches from the Walk In My Garden cartridge. Then I cut the 'stick' off of the cream sign to create a layer.
The "Will work for Freezer Space!" sentiment is from my new Winter Wonderland stamp set. I used Peachy Keen's Everyday Characters face stamp for his face and chalked the cheeks with EK Success red. Peachy Keen sells cheek chalk brushes that makes this easy to do! I inked everything with Walnut distress ink.
To make the card base, I welded two snowmen together. Here are the steps:
1. Place one snowman (sized at 4.05 inches) on your Gypsy mat.
2. Use the hide contour feature on your Gypsy to hide all of the cuts except for the outline.
3. Make a copy of this snowman so you now have two identical snowmen.
4. Line them up exactly on top of each other so it looks like you only have one snowman. One of the snowmen should be selected. (It doesn't matter which one since they are identical)
5. Select the advanced tab and click on the 'flip top to bottom'. One snowman should be upside down but still perfectly lined up side to side.
6. Using the arrow keys, slide the upside down snowman up until the heads are barely connected.
7. Group these two snowmen and select the weld button.
8. Cut and then fold where the heads meet to form your card base.
*Now adhere your first snowman with all of it's cute layers to the card base. Hint: I stuck the tree branch arms and my sign post between the card base and the snowman layer.
Clear as mud?!?! Here is the finished card:
You still have 2 days to enter the Gobble 'til you Wobble challenge!