Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Winter Frolic - Window top card!

Hello my crafty friends!  I have a fun window top Christmas card and video for you today!


The top of the card has a window cut in the shape of the shadow so you can see the Christmas carolers (The carolers are actually in the inside of the card)  The top of the card is a 5.5 inch square cut with the George cartridge.  The shadow was cut at 2.87 inches.


The Christmas carolers, and all of the layers were cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge at 2.87 inches.  I used cuttlebug embossing folders to add texture to their clothing and to the borders.


The face stamps are from Peachy Keen and adds soooo much to these die cuts!  I also chalked the cheeks with Red EK Success chalk and used a white gel pen to color in the eyes and add highlights.


 The borders are from the new Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge (which I love!!)  The top border is a "2 x 11 border" cut at 0.99 inches.  The red underneath is the "1 x 11 border" cut at 0.50 inches.


The Christmas tree border is the "1 x 6 border button" cut at 0.91 inches.  I cut both layers (use the shift key).  The top (cream) and the bottom (red).  Then I cut 4 of the Christmas trees (green) at 0.53 inches.


The stamped sentiment is from my new White Christmas Stamp Set.  I tied the Vintage Green Bakers Twine through the 'window'.


This is the inside of the card.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from my new Merry Christmas Stamp Set.



Here is a video showing how I made this card:



I am entering this card in the Cricut Circle Weekly challenge - Run for the border - challenge #45.

Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

  1. Kimberly, I just LOVE your shaped window!! That's so clever and I'm going to have to give this a go myself! I really like the faces you've used as well. I'm thinking they must be from the wide-eyed set. What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is just too cute, I made a card similar to this... but you just put a twist on it for me, I just absolutely love it and have got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME. You are so super talented. My goodness this card is great. I love everthing..the colors, papers, cuts, trimmings.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this! I am definately going to have to to try the window thing. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! You picked the cutest PK faces-a perfect fit for this card. Of course the sentiments are also a perfect fit. :) Thank you for taking the time to make a video on how you put the card together!!


    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are just so creative!! This is a fantastic card and I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks for posting the video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea to make a window card and the PK face stamps are great for the carolers. Thanks for sharing this.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing all your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly this is so cute I just love those borders. The PKS face are to cute.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love this card - you did an amazing job on the cuts. Just Beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this card is absolutely gorgeous. Loving the carolers. I love how they are cut out! They are too cute!! Fabulous card!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is genius Kimberly! I never would have thought to cut a shadow out of the top of the card for a peek inside - absolutely wonderful idea :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this Kimberly.. thank you so much for sharing.. I would love to try to make one of these.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you don't mind I pinned your card on my board at Pinterest.. if you would prefer me not to, Iet me know and I will delete it.. it's just so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited to see this! That cartridge is on the FedEx truck right now! I had no idea it has things that are this cool and I am so glad that I ordered it now. This card is genius and I LOVE the vintage twine! It just adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, love the border. I may need to get that cartridge now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! Can you please share the PKS faces you used, I would love to order this particular set? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips