Friday, December 16, 2011

Another Crackled Christmas card!

I am having way too much fun with the Crackle Accents! 


Cuts from the Sophie cartridge:
  • Frame (doily) - 5 inches
  • Leaves - 0.80 inches, 0.92 inches, 1.0 inches
  • Christmas Tree - 2.33 inches
Cuts from the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge:
  •  Red border - 1 x 6 inch set at 1 inch. (p. 33)
  • Kraft border  - I welded two of the 1x11 borders together (p. 31)
Cuts from the George cartridge:
  • Small square - 2.46 inches


I used my petal roller to give the leaves some dimension.  Click here for my Flower Shoppe video series showing how to do this.


I used dimensionals on the tree and sentiment so that they wouldn't get overwhelmed by all of the greenery!


The sentiment is from my Jingle All The Way stamp set.   I inked the edges and then used the Crackle Accents on top of the sentiment.


The cranberries are made by punching circles out with my hole punch, running them through my Xyron, inking with walnut distress ink, and then applying the Crackle Accents.  

Inking the die cut before using the Crackle Accents gives it a different effect.  The distress ink seems to spread into the cracks a little.  If you want it to be even more so, just ink your cuts again after the crackle dries and the ink will collect in the cracks.  You can wipe off any excess ink with a soft cloth.


I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season!

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I am going to have to get some of this crackle accents! I just love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have crackle accents but haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Christmas card the way it looks with the Crackle Accents. Not tried that before.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just gorgeous! I love the dimension and cracked elements! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly, this is just beautiful! Wow, the cuts and colors are gorgeous!! I LOVE the dimension and the cool effects of the crackle paint. I have crackle paint, gonna have to try that again:) Beautiful!!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kimberly This is gorgeous. When I look at sophie I do not envision anything like this, And Now I need crackle accents Huh!!! LOL Linda Harris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok - you've convinced me. Need to get crackle accents! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely wonderful card. It's diamond shape makes it look so stunning. I'm sure U know just how lucky u r 2have such a gift of creativity.
    Just where do all your ideas come from???Do your go out looking at the windows, and then come home to make your cards, nope I know you make like w/nature
    & when in communion w/it, the faries come flying out
    from the flowers Holly berries, et all, & sprinkle wishing of ideas so when u sleep designs appear into
    Ur conscious. ***By the way I tried 2 reach U thru the "contact me" tab, but it's saying it's NOT connected. I had asked yesterday, & so did others, can you reveal where I too can get the Cricut "Paper Trimmings'??

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so pretty. I love the effects of the crackle on the card. Your cards are always so awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is absolutely stunning.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips