Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let it snow!

Hey everyone! I just got the Paper Trimmings cartridge and had to play!


The snowflake border is actually 4 corner pieces welded together.  Each corner is 2.8 inches.  I cut it a second time in blue and just used the center (negative space).  The stamped sentiment is from my Winter Wonderland stamp set.


The white snowflake background (3.94 inches) is from Paper Trimmings and the pink circle (2.57 inches) is from the George cartridge.


The snowflakes are the negative space from the frame, but I wanted them to be part of the border, so I ran them through my Xyron, glittered them, added a rhinestone and then used dimensionals to lift them up.


The cute little snowman and all of his layers were cut at 3 inches from the Paper Trimmings cartridge.
 

I love the wide eyed kid Peachy Keen stamps!  They were perfect for my snowman's face.  I chalked his cheeks and then added glossy accents over his the stamped face parts.  His scarf is Blueberry Bakers Twine.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the glittery snowflakes =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Like the PK face & the snowflakes. Not heard of the Paper Trimmings cartridge. It's raining here in Central TX as we near Christmas.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little card and you did a great job on his little face. I am unfamiliar with this cart... love that border. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the snowflakes on here! So pretty!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is soooo cute!! i love how the border and snowflakes make the card look so dainty and lacey!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW! This is SO PRETTY! That snowman is adorable with his PK face and the snowflakes are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know - I'm so in love with this blog!! Will definitely be adding the stamp sets to my collection in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the colors you chose! This card is so pretty and I love the snowflakes and adorable snowman. You did an amazing job on details and dimension. Love it Kimberly!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card, clever idea to use the negative space of the snowflakes, too. The twine scarf is too cute! I have this cart, but I haven't used it just yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is oh snow-cute. You must be a very reflective person, that your creative juju's R able to flow, inspite of this pressure-filled season. I Believe in the Spirit of the One who's Birthday we will soon B celebrating, when I'm privilaged to see the beauty of the Spirit's
    expression flowing through you. Thank You 4 Ur
    ability 2 share "YOUR GIFT"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowman is so cute!! Love his twine scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a awesome card love the color

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable and so elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! That face is adorable on that card and all the bling is just perfect!!!!

    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! Don't you just love PK stamps. Happy Holidays and good luck on the PK challenge.

    Stacy at Totally Twisted Cards
    http://www.totallytwistedcards.com/content

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, Kimberly! The layering is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Peachy Keen Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips