Tuesday, February 7, 2012

4x4 Valentine card with doily background

Hi everyone!  I have another Valentine card for you today!


The doily was cut at 4 inches from the Paper Trimmings cartridge.  I inked all of the edges with brown ink and then sponged on a light coat of glossy accents and added some ultra fine glitter from Stampendous.


The circle was cut at 2.69 inches from the George cartridge.  The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye and I used dimensionals under the doily to make it stand out.


The stamped sentiment is from the Always & Forever stamp set and I tied a tiny bow with the Blossom Bakers Twine.


The red hearts were cut at 1.30 inches and 0.74 inches from the Gypsy Font cartridge. I tried a new product on these little red hearts.  I added some goosebumps texture spray.  This was my first time using this and I can see lots of fun possibilities!  It dries really fast and leaves clear bumps.  I think it would be really pretty on paper flowers.  Maybe even for water droplets on a summer themed card or layout.  You can control the size of the 'bumps' by how far away you hold the bottle from the paper.  Hmmmm. . .  could be fun!


Have a happy day!

11 comments:

  1. I am in love with this card!!!! it is adorable!!!
    TFS
    Gloria C
    www.craftnthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the glossy accents and glitter. The sentiment looks great and so do those hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful creation. I should use my Cricut more and you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay---You have just inspired me!! LOVE this---I don not have any Spellbinders and this is along the same lines!!! ANd I am an uber fan of Glowwy Accents but have not used it in this manner!! You go girl!!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.bbbm.weebly.com
    bartlettpair4atmsndotcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kimberly.Love the inked and glittered doily and the goosebumped hearts.Looks like a great product!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the doily background cut & how inked it
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute and you know I will have to find that spray now! You are such an enabler! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! Such a great use of color and shading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I love this color combination-red, pink, white with inked edges, and glitter-yum! Really pretty!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberly, this is beautiful! I love the pretty doily and sweet sentiment and hearts:) Great valentine card:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips