Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Make your own clear boxes and pillow boxes!

Happy Valentine's Day! 

I have some last minute Valentine ideas for you today!  If these clear boxes look familiar, you may have seen them over at She's a Sassy Lady yesterday for my Design Team day.  

I even have a video showing how I made these fun boxes! Just scroll down to the bottom. 


I cut this box  and lid at at 6 inches from the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge and then inked the edges of the lid with brown ink from Studio G.  I tied Milk Chocolate crinkle ribbon around the box to hold the lid on.  The polka dot paper is from My Minds Eye.


The "I love you" stamp is from the Always & Forever stamp set.  I hand cut the tag and then tied the button on with Chocolate traditional bakers twine.


I have seen some of you emboss your clear acetate with cuttlebug embossing folders, so I thought I would give it a try.  I love how the embossing looks!

 

I cut the pillow box at 5.25 inches from the Wrap it Up cartridge. The red tape from Provo craft works best with the acetate.


The stamped sentiments are from the Build a Valentine and Always & Forever stamp sets.


I used my crop-a-dile to put eyelets in this hand cut tag, then threaded Posy Trendy Twine through and tied it around the pink polka dot sleeve.  The pink paper is from Pebbles.


Here is a video showing how to make these two treat boxes:



 Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

11 comments:

  1. I just love your project. I love working with accetate because the project always always is awesome! Love it. Thanks for sharing the great tutorial and joining us at She's A Sassy Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are all super cute! Love the clear boxes - thanks for the tutorial too! Love it!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute clear boxes Kimberly! Thanks for the tutorial! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of the boxes. Too bad I don't have either cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made about 60 pillow boxes for friends and others for Valentine's day. Wish I had thought of using acetate. Mine were pretty but the clear ones would have been a fun way to go. Thanks for sharing the idea. Regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea on both of these projects..GREAT JOB!!
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I love your acetate pillow box! Too Cute!

    I am wondering where you get your acetate? and what thickness it is? I cannot find it anywhere! Please email me at jaxbeanstalks@hotmail.com. I would really appreciate it!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your projects. I made sure to read and re-read about the tape you used on these boxes, I made the pillow boxes with the acetate but it would not hold with any of my adhesive that I used. I did try the redtape not sure if it mattered where I purchased it from or not but it didn't hold. Keep sharing your great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you make your pillow box without a cut-out? gigi@surfnetusa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, love your tutorial. Can you share where to find the acetate and the tape, they are kind of hard to find, maybe I'm not calling it by its proper name... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana!

      The tape is red tape that is often sold at your local craft store. You can find it online at : http://store.scrapbook.com/jv-82556.html

      The acetate is just transparency sheets from my local photocopy shop/office supply store.

      Delete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips