Thursday, February 16, 2012

Missing you - bird from Nate's ABCs

Hello my crafty friends!  I ordered both cartridges together and  I think I like the Nate's ABCs cartridge just as much as the Kate's ABCs cartridge.  The images on both cartridges are so well done!


The black background with the scalloped bottom was cut at 5 inches from the Elegant edges cartridge. The scalloped oval was cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 3.86" wide and 4.71 inches height and then rotated 90 degrees.  I cut an oval from the George cartridge at 3.26" wide by 3.98 inches high to go behind the blue scalloped frame.


This sweet bird, branch, nest and all there layers were cut from the Nate's ABCs cartridge at 2.33 inches


The stamped sentiment is from the Sweet Sentiments #2 stamp set.  



I zig-zag stitched all along the inside edges of the scalloped frame and then added a straight stitch along the card base.  Stitching adds so much to a card!


The patterned papers are from My Minds Eye and the cream is from PaperTrey ink.


Here is the card again:




Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

  1. I love your card! The colors are awesome and I have to have those carts now. Thanks for sharing.

    -Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kimberly! Love that little bird and your stiching and inking are great. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, such a sweet card, I must take another look at those cartridges!
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kimberly.Love the muted colours and stitching.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! It's birdy cute! :)

    http://jmecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your creations. I Know by looking which are yours now in the Cricut magazine. You are wonderful Kimberly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Kimberly! I really love the design and colors. ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I love anything that has to do with birds. Thanks for the measurements as I may have to scrap lift this one. I have all these cartridges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! Great paper. Wonderful result.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card. Great colours. I have both those carts. I don't use them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and sweet card!! Love that little bird, and I also love the stitching around the scallop. Wonderful!!!! Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kimerly, your card is fabulous!! You did a great job on the stitching and I LOVE the cuts. AMAZING card:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card! I don't have that cartridge yet, but I might just have to go shopping for one. :) Beautiful job!


    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely wonderful. I love that momma bird waiting for her eggs. The colors are warm and earthy.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips