Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TBBM2 - CD case

Hello my crafty friends!  Going along with this weeks Manly Man Challenge, I have another TBBM2 cartridge project for you!  Today's project is the CD case.  This one is cut just the right size to hold a gift card - maybe to a favorite music store!


I cut this CD box at 9 inches from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 cartridge.  (Scroll down for a video showing how to cut and score with this cartridge and your cricut.)


This is what it looks like when it is open:



I inked everything with Walnut Distress Ink.


The stamped sentiment is from the Inside & Out stamp set #2.  I hand cut the tag and then tied the tag and button on with Vintage Chocolate Bakers Twine.


Here is a video showing how to cut and score this CD case with the Cricut:



Hint:  Be very careful not to bump the carriage when you are switching between your cutting and scoring 'blades'.  Also, It doesn't matter which you do first, the most important part is that you push the "Load Mat" button so that you start at the exact same location for each 'cut'.

Happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Love this great little CD box and the vintage look it has. Thanks for sharing it with us at She's A Sassy Lady yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice CD box and a very nice manly project. I just got this cartridge and I can't wait to cut something out that uses the scoring blade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm thinkin' I may need to break down and get this cart!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super box, Kimberly! I love the paper you used for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute CD box! I love the paper you used on your project! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be great for a picture/movie DVD. Use blank card stock and print some pictures from the DVD you made then cut. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips