Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Art Philosophy Cartridge - Gift Box

Hello my crafty friends!  Today is my DT day over at Cricut Is Close To My Heart!  This is a fun new blog that Bobby (Cricut Couple) just started that is devoted to Close To My Heart Cricut products! 

So, today I have a  gift box to share with you from the Art  Philosophy cartridge.  This is such a great cartridge and I LOVE the flowers and boxes!!


I cut this beautiful box from the Art Philosophy cartridge (p. 22 - shift/ font layer) at 11 inches.  This box is super easy to fold as there are little marks and the only folds are along the bottom of the box.  All of the pretty papers I used for this project are included in the 12 x 12 Stella Paper Packet. 


Here is a side view of this box.  I used dimensionals to lift the scalloped frame off the box.  I threaded a piece of ribbon from my stash through the top, used a paper piercer to poke a hole, and then I added a large brad to hold it all together.


The pretty flower is also from the Art Philosophy cartridge (p. 68) and was cut at 2 1/2 inches.  Click HERE for  a video showing how to roll these types of flowers with a petal roller.


The stamped sentiment is from my new Butterfly Kisses stamp set.


I used some twine (American Crafts) to tie a bow behind my flower.  I also added some leaves from the Just for You stamp set.   After stamping them on green card stock, I cut them out and used my petal roller to give them some dimension. 


I inked all of the edges with Cocoa and Olive inks from Close to My Heart.


The green scalloped background (p. 52 of the Art Philosophy Cartridge) was cut at 2 1/2 inches and the patterned scalloped oval was cut at 2 1/4 inches.  The decorative layer (cream colored) was also cut at 2 1/4 inches.

Click HERE to shop Close To My Heart with me.

Happy crafting!


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little gift box. Love the colours and the scrumptious flower.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love the flower on it!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to give this a try, love it!!
    Cindylu

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous box, Kimberly! The papers are super and I just love the little flower. Your inking is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little gift box is just adorable! Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your little box. I LOVE this cartridge too:) So many fun boxes and your projects with this cartridge have been amazing!!
    Fabulous job on your inking, paper choice and awesome flower..TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This box is gorgeous! I love the layers and pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Kimberly! That butterfly kisses stamp is completely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh I loveee this...wish they would run a half off sale price on this cartridge...I want it soooo bad.That twine goes perfect with that flower and stamp...beautifully done!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box, love the flower. I would love to have that cartridge also, but that's a bit pricey for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love the papers and the flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! It seems I'm like the only person who doesn't own that cartridge! LOL ;) Can't wait for payday!!! You are such an inspiration as always! :)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower & FCCB DT member)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! this gift box is very cute!! I need to explore my cartridge more.

    great job

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips