Friday, April 13, 2012

Birthday Candle Shaped Tag


Hello, my crafty friends!  Today I have instructions for the Birthday Candle Shaped Tag that I posted during the Stamp Release Party.

To make this fun candle shaped tag, I used my Gypsy to stretch this candle to make it a little chunkier.  The candle and all of it's fun layers were cut from the Wrap It Up cartridge at 1.87 inches wide by 5.63 inches high.


The stamped sentiment is from my Birthday Wishes stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment (India Black Ink from Memories) and then hand trimmed and matted the tag.  I attached it to the candle by wrapping Caribbean bakers twine around the candle and then threading through the tag before tying a bow.  I used Lemon Drop Yellow bakers twine for the top of the candle tag.


The papers are from Echo Park (blue patterned) and My Little Shoebox (dark pink, yellow).  I used dimensional squares to pop the top layers up from the base.  I inked everything on this tag!  Here are the inks I used:  Colorbox (Chianti, Amber) and CTMH (Lagoon).  I used a sponge to apply a light layer of Glossy Accents and then sprinkled glitter (Stampendous) over it. 


Here are links to other projects from the release party that I have posted instructions for:

Bride & Groom Box
Easter Bonnet Card
Promise of the Resurrection Tag
3D Tea Cup
Birthday Sundae Shape Card

Click HERE for my Blog Makeover Giveaway - 4 Stamp Sets!!

Have a wonderful day!


8 comments:

  1. Adorable! What a sweet little candle....love the glitter, twine and of course, that cute little sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute! Love the tag. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe...I adore this tag. Never thought to use a sponge with glossy accents...better idea than my finger I believe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute!
    love the tag


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag. Great sparkle.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Love the sentiment...your stamps are wonderful. Would love to have you sponsor a challenge on my site or maybe a giveaway on my cruise or one of my Scrapbook Retreats. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.
    Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips