Thursday, April 5, 2012

An Easter bonnet can tame even the wildest hare

Hello my crafty friends!  I am finally getting around to posting the instructions for the release party projects.  Yay!  I thought I would do an Easter project first.  :)


I cut the curly frame (stretched on my Gypsy to 4.67inches wide by 4.18 inches high) from the Elegant Edges cartridge.  The card base (cut two) was cut at 4.21 inches by 5.15 inches (height), also from the Elegant Edges cartridge.  I scored a line about 1/2 inch from the top of one of the base pieces.  Then adhered the two pieces at the top to form the card. (See picture below)


 The cute bunny scene and all of the layers were cut at 2.8 inches is from Kate's ABCs cartridge (p.34).  The hat and all of its layers were cut at 0.75 inches and is also from the Kate's ABCs cartridge (p. 28).  I stamped the eye (Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face Parts - PK 493) and then used a white gel pen (Sakura) to color in the white part and added glossy accents on top.  I colored the nose with a black pen and added glossy accents to that as well.


The tiny rhinestone in the center of the flower on the hat is from Close to My Heart and I used Sky Trendy Twine to wrap around the card and tie a small bow.


I used dimensional squares to pop the curly frame up from the card base.  I inked all of the edges with Inks from Colorbox (dark moss green), Hero Arts (pink), Bazzinks (splash blue), Close to My Heart (Cocoa brown for sentiment), Memories (black for rabbit's eye)


I also used dimensionals under the bunny scene and sentiment.  The sentiment is from my new Happy Easter stamp set.   I stamped the sentiment and then trimmed and used a corner rounder for both layers.


I love the soft colors of the papers on this card!  I used  Bazzill (cream), MME (blue and pink patterned papers), Crate Paper (green), Close to my heart (cream to stamp sentiment on), Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)  


Here are links to other projects from the release party that I have posted instructions for:



Have a great day!


8 comments:

  1. this is too cute!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the instructions for this wonderful card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do just LOVE this card! The curly frame is awesome and I love the bonnet on the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea of STRETCHING!!! Thanks for the inspiring twist...sweet card!
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com
    DT My Cricut Craft Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card. Love the details in the cuts and in the embellishments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new blog design!!! So cute!!! Love the card...beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable and that saying is wonderful.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips