Thursday, May 31, 2012

A card to match the purse!

I loved the colors on my tiny purse so much, that I decided to make a card to match!  As long as the scraps are already on the table . . .


I added lots of layers to this card.  :)


I even pulled out my sewing machine to do a bit of stitching!


I cut the "it's your day" sentiment at 3.82 inches from the Birthday Bash cartridge.  Then I covered it with glossy accents and attached it to my card with dimensional adhesive. 


The black striped border is a piece of ribbon that I glued on and then folded under the edge of the patterned paper.  I built the top piece of this card before I adhered it to the card base.


The tag sentiment is from my Tiny Tags Stamp set and I tied it on with a bit of Honeydew Bakers Twine.


It is funny that there can be so many shades of black when it comes to picking paper! My Black patterned paper with the swirls actually looked slightly gray next to the black card stock, so I heat embossed the patterned paper with clear embossing powder.  This made it a dark black and shiny too!


I probably won't give these away together as a set, but liked the color combo.


Have a happy day!


10 comments:

  1. This card is perfect with that super cute purse! Again, I just LOVE the embossing on the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!Absolutely STUNNING!!!GORGEOUS!!!!!!OMG!!Love the embossing!!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so Gorgeous. Love the Color.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your matching card and purse set!!! Pretty paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect match!!!! love them both

    roisemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome - it compliments the purse brilliantly. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layering and beautiful textures:) This looks awesome Kimberly and matches your purse perfect:) Your stitching looks fabulous-I really need to do more of that! I love this set!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. swtanxiety (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)June 2, 2012 at 1:57 PM

    Love the card and purse combo..Good way to utilize the scraps & layers. Stitching was an added contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO pretty, Kimberly. Thanks for sharing! I love the inspiration I find here on your lovely blog. So many beautiful things to see. Thanks so much.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These projects are fabulous, Kimberly!! I love the look of the gloss - and the embossing on the tiny purse is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips