Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cheerful Spring card for a friend!

Hey everyone!  Just a simple card to share today.  Simple is the best kind in the crazy month of May with all of the fun 'end-of-school' activities!

I used the George cartridge to make the card base, then welded 2 rounded corner rectangles (5.88w by 4.25h) together on my Gypsy.  Then I added a circle 'window' (3.33h) from the Birthday Bash cartridge. The scalloped circle is also from the Birthday Bash cartridge and was cut at 3.18 inches high.


I found the flower and the bee on Kate's ABCs cartridge - one of my favorite cartridges!  The bee (p.31) was cut at 2 inches.  There are two bees on this cut and I used the smaller one.  The flowers (p.27) were cut at 2.55 inches and 2.31 inches.


The beautiful papers are all from My Minds Eye.  


The sentiment is from my new Butterfly Kisses Stamp Set.  Bobby (Cricut Couple) suggested this fun sentiment when I was designing the set, and I loved it!


I tied a bow with some twine from American Crafts  . . .


and did a little pen stitching around the scalloped frame and around the sentiment.  I also used dimensional adhesive on the flowers and the bee.

Have a happy day!

17 comments:

  1. This Bee especially likes the Bee on the window card. You've inspired me to make a window card. I also posted a card with a Bee from Sentimentals cartridge today 5/15.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOO pretty Kimberly!!! LOVE the dimension - and the papers!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty and sure to cheer up your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is the cutest card, love that bee and the flower. I am going to have to scrap lift this one. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This is just an adorable, spring time card. That little bee is just too cute and I love the flowers from Kate's ABCs also. Beautiful papers and your inking adds so much detail to this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cheerful little card. Such wonderful detail coupled with the bright colors make you want to smile. Thanks for sharing this with us at She's A Sassy Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just soooo sweet! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet spring like card:) Love it!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the way the bee and flowers float on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fun card, love the little window scene.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is STUNNING! Oh Wow!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so beautiful. Love the whole design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beeutiful card. I love that cute little bee. I really need to use my Kates ABC cart more often. There are so many cute things on it. TFS.
    Lai
    Sew Sweet N Crafty
    SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, I love the flowers and bee popping out of the window and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kimberly, I saw this card a while back and really like it so I made myself a copy to make one later. I made a similar one but I wanted to let you know I will be hosting a challenge on the Cricut MB starting tomorrow and I am using your card as an example for the challenge to make a card with a window. I will also be posting a link to this post on your blog. I hope you don't mind Nana Donna
    dmcervantez(at)gmail(dot)com email me if this is not OK with you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips